Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Dye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Dye
    Posted: April 26 2000 at 7:47pm
Hi April:

Since you have used black dye on your hair the only way to get brown is to use a dye remover. This is a tedious process. The dye remover will not only remove artificial color from the hair but also will lighten your natural hair. The best way to go is to see a professional hair colorist and to a corrective color procedure. This might cost alot of money but it is better than to try this process by yourself. Good luck1d

Forest
HairBrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2000 at 2:48pm
You have to use an artificial color remover. It is a product used to remove the dyed color. It will also lighten your natural color as well so it should only be applied to the colored portion of your hair. You will have to take it lighter than natural then tint back to your natural color.
Good luck
aprilash View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aprilash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2000 at 9:26am
Two months ago I dyed my medium brown hair black. Now my roots are growing in and I'd like to remove the black from my hair. How can I do this? I've tried dying it light brown with at-home treatments, but nothing works!!! I'm using Aveda's Clove conditioner for dark brown to black hair (it's supposed to put brown tones in it), but it's not working either. Please help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic