Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thin, flat hair needs help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tracey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thin, flat hair needs help
    Posted: July 03 2001 at 11:50pm
Reply to message: 4.1949.1
Hello. I unfortunately have the same hair type and am always looking for a new hairstyle. You said that your hair looks best in a blunt bob. I was wondering, doesn`t it look too flat with it all one length? I`m afraid that`s what mine will look like.
Just wondering.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2001 at 8:49am
I have baby-fine, thin hair and I have to say the two worst things I ever did to it were try a body wave and layers. Unfortunately, my hair looks best in a blunt bob (which is not what I have right now) about an inch below chin length (no longer or it gets stringy looking). I also have the oily problem. Best bet is to wash every day with a volumizing shampoo then use some of the volumizing products that are out right now. There are tons of them so experiment to see which ones work best for you. I am currently using MOP shampoo and light foam along with Rusk`s Thick. Then hair spray (Amplify or Bain de Terre). Sounds like a lot of products so go very light with whatever you put on your hair after washing. And NEVER use conditioner of any kind except maybe on the very ends of your hair in winter. You really don`t need it.

Good luck. If you find something that works really well, please write about it so the rest of us can try it too.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2001 at 6:38am
Reply to message: 4.1761.1
Hello,

I have very thin straigth hair that gets oily (or greasy) every day (in the past even some hours after washing), sometimes it looks wavy, and I bought something that is called "Volumen-Kur für Feines/Dünnes Haar" (volume cure for fine thin hair) from Plantur Pflegesystem (Plantur hair care system) with "Pflanzenprotein and Hafer Protein" (plant protein and oat protein), but I don`t habe used it yet. The daily hair washing routine (every other day or third day with Plantur shampoo, thinned with a lot of water, and the remaining days with fluid soap) gives enough volume.

I want just to add my opinion: thin hair that is in good condition looks very nice.

wolfgang
jsouth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2001 at 7:56pm
Reply to message: 4.1761.1
quote:

Cindy originally wrote:
I am looking for a product or a new hair style for my thin flat hair. I want it to look fuller. I have a heart shaped face and my hair falls fast and gets oily sometimes. If you have any suggestions, please help.

Have you ever thought of getting a body perm? It can be a little damaging to the hair, but it can really help give thin, fine hair a lift. Also if you keep your hair short and layered it is easy to add volume.
cindy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2001 at 11:51am
I am looking for a product or a new hair style for my thin flat hair. I want it to look fuller. I have a heart shaped face and my hair falls fast and gets oily sometimes. If you have any suggestions, please help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic