Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shampooing Everyday is bad? Help me out trained Stylists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shampooing Everyday is bad? Help me out trained Stylists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MariesCaR510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariesCaR510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shampooing Everyday is bad? Help me out trained Stylists
    Posted: October 25 2003 at 5:13pm
Uzma thanks for getting back to me on the post. I've heard others recommending the shampoos you've mentioned too. You gave great advice to all of my concerns.

Good luck with your career in the hair biz!
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2003 at 4:30am
Hi Marie

1. Will showering daily damage my scalp and cause my hair to thin or fall out?
No. just be gentle when you are applying and massaging shampoo into your hair and scalp. No rough or harsh movements that would put unnecessary stress on either.

2. Is it true since hair is dead that daily gel won't cause balding/root damage, etc.?
Apply the gel to your hair – not the roots, if at all possible.

3. Also I know there are very many professional stylists and barbers that come in and give advice ... so please enlighten me on what shampoos and gels you use and the ones you've seen clients use with great heads of hair.
I’m not a professional (yet) but I recommend the Phytotherathrie and Kerastase ranges. If you can get it - Jason Sea Kelp shampoo & conditioner is fantastic.

4. I use just basic store bought brands, Dove shampoo, Pantene, and Dep. Are these OK?
That depends on a number of factors. Are you using the right products for your hair type? Are you experiencing any scalp irritation or build-up with the products you are using? What are you hoping to achieve in regards to follicular health vs style? Etc.

5. Should I avoid the perfume, great smelling shampoos and go the natural route with the lemongrass stuff I see in health stores?
Unless you are allergic to the perfumes, there is no reason for you not to use them. I find that adding the essential oil of my choice to a basic deep conditioner gives me the smell I want via a natural product, plus the added therapeautic benefits of the eo.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Uzi

MariesCaR510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariesCaR510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 11:57pm
I hear so many people in this forum talking about shampooing less or not everyday.

I recently cut my hair VERY short (it used to reach the middle of my back) and I have to style it with gel almost everyday for it to look the way I want it to. I then shampoo it in the morning to keep it fresh and keep my scalp clear and clean from gel residue.

1. Will showering daily damage my scalp and cause my hair to thin or fall out?

2. Is it true since hair is dead that daily gel won't cause balding/root damage, etc.?

3. Also I know there are very many professional stylists and barbers that come in and give advice ... so please enlighten me on what shampoos and gels you use and the ones you've seen clients use with great heads of hair.

4. I use just basic store bought brands, Dove shampoo, Pantene, and Dep. Are these OK?

5. Should I avoid the perfume, great smelling shampoos and go the natural route with the lemongrass stuff I see in health stores?

Thanks for your help offered on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic