Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Only Long Hairs Understand...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only Long Hairs Understand...
    Posted: February 02 2005 at 9:51pm
So, for the first time in my life (recently turned 30), I made a huge change in my hair care routine. And I think only people on this site will appreciate it.

I stopped using a hair dryer.

I have to thank everyone for their good advice. It's funny... It was a hair cutting nitemare that brought me to this site, but they say everything happens for a reason. If not for the cut and the tears, I wouldn't have sought out my new long-hair friends. I wouldn't have learned about biotin, cones, S&C routines, the horrors of hairdryers, and just saying 'no' to people with scissors. That fateful day back in November has led me to a new lifetime of proper hair care.

It's also really nice how so many people here celebrate the accomplishments of the others (such as Purple Bubba's first rope braid, etc.!!!)

Cheers,
Nekita

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 10:27pm
I think it's not so much the long hair part as it's the desire to do something your own way.

"Stop telling me what to do with my _________. I like my ________ the way I like it."

That could be hair, nails, shoes, clothes, body or ...... Life.

I think HB itself was created by Karen because she herself wanted to be an individual and not be made to do things the way others told her.

Speaking of which I need to add this to my signature.

"I am Pro Individual Hair Choice"

Ok done :)

I post my pictures and things only to places where I'm comfortable. So if you see them, that means you've won me over. :)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 6:49am
Yay Nekita! May your hair grow down to the floor and out the window (but only if that's how you want it of course)!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 12:55pm
I also would like to get off that soap box and say I'm really happy for Nekita :)
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 9:00pm
Thank you Purple Bubba and Susan. Yes, I would like my hair to grow and grow and grow. The out the window part did make me laugh... :) I needed that.

-Nekita
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 3:51pm
Congrats Nekita! Thats a big move, especially if you've been using a hair dryer for a while.
Healthy hair to you!
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2005 at 10:53am
You mean we actually made a difference in someone's life? I am so touched.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 5:01pm
Hi Nekita,

It is wonderful to hear that your spirts have been so uplifted.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 3:57pm
Yay! Go Nekita!
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 8:01am

Hi LadyFrog,

I didn't expect to see a reply to this post again!  I noticed you just joined in April.  You found a great place for haircare advice.  I don't make any major hair decisions without consulting my friends here!

Cheers,

Nekita

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 10:11am
Thanx. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic