Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Black Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 8:20pm
Go with the Natural Instincts...You don't need 20 vol. H2O2, and ammonia to deposit color. (Unless covering gray)
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Maggie Maggie wrote:

Hi, I am thinking about dyeing my hair a blue black color. (This might sound weird, lol, but you know the Archie comics? You know how Veronica''s hair is like black, but where the they make the light shine on it her hair is like a navy bluish?) Anyways, I have natually dark brown hair and my eye brows are natually black. Will this color look good on me? Also, do you have any suggestions as to what brand dye i should use? When they label the color blue black...will it really make my hair have a bluish tone, or will it just look black?? Thanks so much!

Oh...and if the tips of my hair are lighter (from using Sun-in 2 years ago) will the color still work on the tips of my hair too??

Natural Instincts have Amazon Indigo, which is a blue-black semi-permanent color or Feria's Starry Night permanent dye, also blue-black. I bet blue black hair will look gorgeous on you, just like this fave actress, Claudia Black of "Farscape" (see my icon).
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 2:29pm
I'm asian but I look awful with blue black hair. I tried it once and it just clashes with my skintone (looked harsh). But with a natural or soft black, it looks best on me. I love that shiny, black hair without bluish undertones. More of like silvery black.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 7:02am
Hmm blue black is nice. I see a lot of asian people using it. there nothing weird about it. It just another shade of black. I use to have it to. I looks great, but people dont really notice it unless you compare a black dyed hair with blue black then you will see the different. But since you have brown hair the colour would show
ARGHH
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2003 at 8:15pm
Hi Maggie:

I 'm going to suggest semi-permanent deposit only color if your going darker...You don't need to put your hair through the permanent color thing. Maybe someone can recommend something...If you get Salon color Redken Shades, or Matrix Color Sync would work great.

Yes, your old highlighted ends will pull base tones from the color...muddy..grayish greenish or even bluish...? They need to be filled before coloring.
maggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2003 at 1:31pm
Hi, I am thinking about dyeing my hair a blue black color. (This might sound weird, lol, but you know the Archie comics? You know how Veronica''s hair is like black, but where the they make the light shine on it her hair is like a navy bluish?) Anyways, I have natually dark brown hair and my eye brows are natually black. Will this color look good on me? Also, do you have any suggestions as to what brand dye i should use? When they label the color blue black...will it really make my hair have a bluish tone, or will it just look black?? Thanks so much!

Oh...and if the tips of my hair are lighter (from using Sun-in 2 years ago) will the color still work on the tips of my hair too??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic