Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deep wave from the front

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deep wave from the front
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:07pm
Nevermind my puffy face, sleepy girl. I think DH and I did a pretty good job for the first time out!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:11pm
It looks really great, Rose. And you remind me of Tori Amos, especially with the red lipstick, which I love! :)
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:18pm
Thanks!

I actually met Tori Amos, it was 94, I brought my baby with me and after she put her cheek against mine and gave me a big hug, she held my baby. She even played the song I asked her to play, I wont go into detail because I will be waaaay off topic but it was one of those once in a lifetime she is singing directly to you songs.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:27pm
Did Tori do a double-take when she saw you cause you look alike, or what? :)
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:32pm
You are beautiful, truly... by the way... I booted a guy because he hated tory amos, this was years ago. We disagreed about the music and I had one of those chick moments.... I knew I could never love a man who'd be such a prick about music i dig.
Just to be gender neutral, I feel the same way about Elvis Costello and Joe Jackson. christina
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:54pm
She seemed happy to see me.

Good on ya scotchyroo - music is fundamental for me, if a guy says something about music I feel strongly for (Henry Rollins, Leonard Cohen come to mind) its a deal breaker. I also know that I shouldnt date a guy any further who tips poorly or insists that I tipped too much.
Generous to servers, generous in other areas.. Winkwink - I guess.

I am at my heaviest right now, just waiting for the approval for weight loss surgery called 'lap band' - when Im skinny I look alot like her.

Right now I am plus size Toriesque! Haha.

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 7:43pm
You are beautiful Rose. Not everyone can be skinny because some of our bodies are not meant to be that way. Just be healthy
juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:50pm
Tori, I mean Rose,

I am getting way off topic here, but couldn't resist, sorry.

My aunt did the lap band and a guy I know did it too, he is actually one of the posterboys (in a way) for it in nyc. They both are very pleased with the results. It is the safest weight loss surgery, so far, I don't think anyone has died from it yet, like with the gastric bypass. But you don't look big enough for it, in my unprofessional opinion, you just don't look fat or obese. But, my aunt lost 50lbs since October (which is bad) because she has no self-control and she still eats junk. But the guy that I know lost about 150lbs. really fast, because he watched what he ate. He had a lot of sagging skin afterwards and then he got plastic surgery to take that off. You wouldn't recognize him at all. Sharon Osbourne also had this surgery too. If that matters.

Ok, back to hair.... your hair looks really pretty, I love the curl.
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:59pm
Gosh, your hair looks so good! The color match and everything is perfect on you!!! Great job on everything!

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:18pm
Rose, I love your ink work on your shoulder... I remember it from the "about ourselves" thread... just thought I'd add that!
It is what it is...
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:24pm
Rose, that looks so great. The front and the pics of the back from the other thread. Absolutely beautiful! I would never ever know you were wearing extensions.

And I agree with those who have noted a resemblance to Tori Amos. =)
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:24pm
Thanks for the Tori compliments, I love her music.

Tattoo: Did I mention that I just got an orange star on my big toe - the orange ink is UV reactive, it GLOWS under blacklight, I just got a chance to check it out.

Big Girl:
OT: I am just about 40 BMI which is considered morbidly obese - I am 'lucky' that I carry most of it in my stomach.

I cant imagine getting my intestines re-routed, 1/200 DIE from that operation. The lapband is reversible too.

I am not about being skinny, I just dont want to hurt all the dang time. I am doing this SO I can live longer and be more active with my kids.

20 lbs, I could manage to loose, but 80 plus? Gulp.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:38pm
Good for you Rose, you are totally making the right decision. I would do it too. Good luck and keep us posted.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:28pm

Thanks J, I am impatient to get through with this. Sent in the paperwork, just waiting for the call, hopefully my insurance will cover it. Its a PPO, so I have a good chance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:33pm
Hmmm... Don't know what a PPO is but if your insurance can cover you that is GREAT. I wish you the best of luck. I think it is the coolest of weight loss surgeries ever and the safest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic