Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I love my wig spray!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I love my wig spray!!!
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:33pm
Since I've had my Dome/PH blend, I've used all sorts of silicone and braid sprays, as well as fabric softener and the Dome Care spray, and the best product I've used by far is this cheap-o wig spray I bought at Ricky's.

I have no idea what's in it--mostly alcohol, I guess--and it smells a bit like baby powder. But it's nothing like a braid or silicone spray in texture--it isn't shiny or serum-y.

It's called Brandywine Wig Luster (the manufacturer is Hairess Corp.) and a huge aerosol can costs only $3.99. It really makes the hair much more silky and manageable--I love this stuff!

:)

juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:45pm
Thats good to know, Jenny. Will look at rickys for it.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:49pm
But you won't find it, Julie, because I'm buying every can in the city--lol!

Seriously, though, I think you'll like it. The texture of the spray reminds me a bit of the Dome Care stuff (don't know if you've ever tried it), but I think the Brandywine works much better (and for $3.99, how can you go wrong?).

PS: I love silicone shine sprays for human hair, but I haven't been that impressed with them on synth somehow. I remember BoogieMama had recommended a product, too, but I don't recall what it was; I'll need to search, because I want to try that one too.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:19pm
It was Flasher by Beyond the Zone, I bought it and its nice and lite and not greasy.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:28pm
Jenny, you are a trip. But I love the Dome hair care spray, but if you say it's better, I will definatly try it. Even tho you bought every can in nyc.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 2:43am
Emma, where'd you get the Flasher stuff? I've never heard of it or seen it anywhere. Is it expensive?

-Rae
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 4:33am
Originally posted by juliejetson juliejetson wrote:

Jenny, you are a trip. But I love the Dome hair care spray, but if you say it's better, I will definatly try it. Even tho you bought every can in nyc.

OK, I'll leave you a can or two.

Seriously though, I like the Dome Care, and I don't want to talk this stuff up too much, but I think it's just as good.

P.S.--I've only used the spray on dry hair. I've been using the fabric softener as a leave-in conditioner while it's wet. :)
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 5:57am
Hey Rae - they sell the flasher at Sally's; it's there generic Beyond the Zone line. I picked up some yesterday in the on sale bin...not a big ticket item around here I guess... $1.50 or something.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 7:58am
Rae, go to Sally's.

It is what it is...
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 12:13pm
Oh, neat! Thanks guys!
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 9:49pm
Bridget~This is a great product. I use it because it is alcohol free!! Great buy
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 10:06pm
I love it too. I have to put it on my hair when it's wet though, and then blow dry/flat iron, otherwise it tends to be heavy and greasy feeling if I put it on dry.
It is what it is...
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 4:23am
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 7:33am
Thanks for the pic, Emma.

By the way, I also saw the wig pic in your album. Is that one from Jenny's Hair Sense? I really like one of the blonde ones she has on eBay right now. I just don't know if I'd be able to get all my extensions hair (there's a lot of it) under a wig comfortably--lol. :)
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 10:12am
hey emma - that's the stuff i got also, the flasher. nice and light.

C
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 4:46pm
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 5:59pm
Those "Hair Me Now" wigs are beautiful. I love the first pic on the page.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 8:01pm
Yeah, thanks Emma for the wig link.

I love wigs! They are so fun! Change you style/ color daily!

Don't you love being girls and being able to do all this stuff with our hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic