Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question for save a stray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question for save a stray
    Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:42am
Thanks so much, received extentubes yesterday, loved the cat card my boyfriend thought it was sooo funny. Anyway back on the subject, I can't imagine ever being able to make tips that small to go into the small extentubes, gosh they were tiny. My micro-rings that I've picked up from England were more like the large ones. The only difference is that the ones I have from England have like a screw inside, what's that all about then, I'm confused??? Are mine better or worse xx
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:19am
OMG!! You got them already?!! WOW, that was sent old regular mail!! I love the cats eyes!! >^..^< HaHa
Your links has a screw inside?.... never seen that before. Well, I guess you have to ask yourself.....are they causing any damage to my client's hair?.... If not, then keep using them, especially if there working for you. If you do see breakage with the scew ones then you may want to switch over.
I love the extendtubes myself. I love the small ones just because they are the least detectable. They are great around the crown areas and sides. Some people like to use the medium for the back areas and the smaller ones only for those delicate areas.
It's really a personal preference Amanda. Wear a couple in your hair and compare them to the wear of your ones. See what you like. The colors I sent are all the colors extendtubes come in. I don't know if you have a wider color range with your links?
The funky colors Kirstin sells with the thin stick tips fit perfectly with even the small extendtubes....no problem!! You can get the natural/ colors at http://WWW.hairpiece.COM/dept.asp?dept_id=22 in thin tips.
Just test em out girl, see what works best for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 9:41am
MMM that's what I was thinking. The inside of the ring, the screw bit doesn't seem smooth so I'm thinking that maybe that could do some damage. I might just order a kit from Kristen for the extentubes. She seems to use them a lot for her clients and never has a problem, thanks so much for your help you've been brilliant. I dig the cat's eyes too LOL xx
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:37pm
Your welcome hun!!

Yes, Kristin has her gallery all set up nice for you to see which models have the extendtubes and the fusion, and some have mixed.

I think you'll be very happy with them Amanda!!

GOOD LUCK
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:53pm
Not to interrupt here....

But I've heard of the rings with the screw, too. There was a conversation about them on Quinn's because a German website was selling them. People seemed concerned that they would cause damage, but it didn't seem that anyone had actually tried them.

Amanda, are you still using shrinkies? If so, are you finding that they work better in some hair than others? Or are you wanting to combine shrinkies with extendtubes on the same head? Just curious. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 4:27am
Well i don't know if you remember but I had that client with the really greasy hair that the shrinkies just wouldn't stay in, so I used the micro-rings with the screws on her hair and they worked fine, they are still in now with no movement or slippage but I've just ordered my "wedding hair" from ebonyline in colours 22/18D and I was going to try and do it myself with shrinkies but I've decided I might end up with blisters all over the back of my head so I decided to check out the similarities between my micro-rings and the extentubes to put in the back of my head and then put the shrinkies in the sides. The client who's hair I did with the micro-rings has really thick hair so I didn't worry too much about the damage with the screw rings with her hair being really strong but my hair is like yours Jenny, really thin and fragile so after seeing the extentubes (kindly sent by Save a Stray) I've just bought some from Kirsten cos I think they will be better for my hair xxx Yes I'm still using shrinkies on all my clients but I've decided that it can't do any harm to offer them the extentubes as well xxxx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 5:40am
Cool. I'm suprised, frankly, that the rings are holding better than the shrinks on your client, but whatever works. That's great that you'll be offering both methods; I'll look forward to hearing what works best on which kinds of hair. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic