Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Lengths Article

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Lengths Article
    Posted: March 03 2005 at 11:52am
gabriellabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabriellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:21pm
lies all lies!

that article is a press release for great lengths. they dont even compare it to one other brand.

ive worn great lengths and i dont agree that---
"they also bonded strand by strand via a keratin protein tip, not in clumps with glue, wax or knots."

"Out of all the hair extensions people put in, they're the safest, the healthiest and the best. they don't damage your hair."

The "virgin hair" or "temple hair," as it is called, has not been chemically treated.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabriellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:22pm
lies all lies!

that article is a press release for great lengths. they dont even compare it to one other brand.

"they also bonded strand by strand via a keratin protein tip, not in clumps with glue, wax or knots."

"Out of all the hair extensions people put in, they're the safest, the healthiest and the best. they don't damage your hair."

The "virgin hair" or "temple hair," as it is called, has not been chemically treated.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabriellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:22pm
lies all lies!

adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:46pm
I wear them and I absolutely love them.I haven't had any problems for the past 5 yrs with them ruining my hair~They have actually helped my hair health and growth,But To each his own.I have actually seen The VH1 Fabulous 40 episode about Great Lengths.
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:11pm
Adina~ I have to be very honest here and say, you are the very first person that I have ever heard say that about Great Lengths. I mean that's pretty damn amazing if it has "helped your hair health and growth", and good for you...you must be one of the very few and lucky people and thanks for sharing your experience with GL. I know you do Great Lengths and are very partial to this method, which is great. You are entitled to your opinion and share your experience and we all wish we were as luck as you....don't we girls? You're hair is simply beautiful!!
I myself love the GL hair, I really do. I will be going on the GL course later this year, why? Because I want to be able to get the hair !! I would only offer this service to people with strong, healthy hair, that had used it before and wanted it again. Them knowing that there is usually some damage to the natural hair and still insist they want it. Anything you add to your hair will cause some sort of damage, that's just common sense.
Sorry, people with finer hair are just not a candidate for this service, and that's fact!! I have had it done myself (fine hair) the lady did a good job putting them in but killed my hair afterwards!! I still would do it again, but that's because I am planning on wearing hair extensions for the rest of my life, and I will. There are people who can't do this and they need to know the TRUTH, and what most 90% of people experience with GL.
I would love to hear from ANYONE who has had 100% satisfaction with GL.
That's just my opinion hun, don't mind me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:12pm
Adina~ I have to be very honest here and say, you are the very first person that I have ever heard say that about Great Lengths. I mean that's pretty damn amazing if it has "helped your hair health and growth", and good for you...you must be one of the very few and lucky people and thanks for sharing your experience with GL. I know you do Great Lengths and are very partial to this method, which is great. You are entitled to your opinion and share your experience and we all wish we were as luck as you....don't we girls? You're hair is simply beautiful!!
I myself love the GL hair, I really do. I will be going on the GL course later this year, why? Because I want to be able to get the hair!! I would only offer this service to people with strong, healthy hair, that had used it before and wanted it again. Them knowing that there is usually some damage to the natural hair and still insist they want it. Anything you add to your hair will cause some sort of damage, that's just common sense.
Sorry, people with finer hair are just not a candidate for this service, and that's fact!! I have had it done myself (fine hair) the lady did a good job putting them in but killed my hair afterwards!! I still would do it again, but that's because I am planning on wearing hair extensions for the rest of my life, and I will. There are people who can't do this and they need to know the TRUTH, and what most 90% of people experience with GL.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:14pm
I myself love the GL hair, I really do. I will be going on the GL course later this year, why? Because I want to be able to get the hair!! I would only offer this service to people with strong, healthy hair, that had used it before and wanted it again. Them knowing that there is usually some damage to the natural hair and still insist they want it. Anything you add to your hair will cause some sort of damage, that's just common sense.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:20pm
Sorry, what is up with this server!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:31pm
I completely agree with you, SAS. The hair is very nice, but the method ain't for everyone. And it's just preposterous to think that gluing anything to hair will improve its health. They certainly didn't improve mine--quite the contrary.

I would imagine Fina, who's before-and-after pictures are on another thread here (which show what GLs does to hair long-term), would concur with my assessment.

:)
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 9:06am
Thanks for the feedback ladies~I agree that great lengths isn't for everyone,In fact I have had a few people come to me and I told them that I think that they would be better off with other methods because their hair was thinning or female baldness etc...The hair is great and that is why I took the coarse was to be able to purchase the hair.So far I have been very careful with the bond removal process(EXTRA) careful.I have seen some damaged hair concerning GL bond removal And I Honestly believe that it isn't the bonds that are damaging but The way the person removes the hair.I have noticed since I have been a cosmotologist that in the salons when there are people waiting,or when stylists rush through hair services to get more clients that their is breakage of hair.It take hours removing the bonds,But The one thing I do not do is worry about the time spending on removel process.When clients come to me,I show them using my own head,how I attatch and remove the bonds.And try to explain it as thoroughly as I can before they get their hair done.Alot of extension co. say that their bonds arte keratin,but they are only 10 percent keratin and the rest of the % glue.Great Lengths uses 100 % Keratin.Alot of people think Keratin is Glue,It is actually(And in Cosmotology school I learned this,Keratin is the substance in which our skin and our nails are made up of(Consists of).It's all natural.It says it in our cosmotology books.I'm thinking that because other co. are saying their bonds are glue that hairdressers are getting it confused.Alot of hairdressers are saying that they are doing the GL method and found to be lying.Are you positive ladies that you had the gl?I just havn't ran into any kind of damage and I hope that I don't ruin anyones hair!!That'd be horrible~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 10:19am
Adina~ I'm VERY 100% positive I had Great Lengths!! OH MY!!
keratinglueISstillglue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keratinglueISstillglue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 10:28am
adina, great lengths bonds are based on keratin but their still glue. 99% of all glues are based on natural elements too, like protein. u need to do more research if ur providing it professionelly. if ur hair is not damaged show us pictures of ur hair with and without the great lengths. ur user pic looks like a wig head or mannaquin. it is not u.
Kellygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 11:01am
I've had great lengths two times, and am saving up for my third. It depends on how well you take care of them I think. I have very thin hair, its because I've been taking thyroid medicine for 15 years and it is a side effect. Anyways, I have thin hair which is precisely why i have extensions. I don't notice my hair is any thinner from extension use. as with most things, it depends on your extensionist and in how you care for your extensions. thats just my opinion.
VanessasHair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanessasHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 11:01am
If you use heat to melt it into the hair and a solvent to remove the stuff, its glue.
Kellygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 11:02am
I've had great lengths two times, and am saving up for my third. It depends on how well you take care of them I think. I have very thin hair, its because I've been taking thyroid medicine for 15 years and it is a side effect. Anyways, I have thin hair which is precisely why i have extensions. I don't notice my hair is any thinner from extension use. as with most things, it depends on your extensionist and in how you care for your extensions. thats just my opinion.
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 10:06am
Umm...,OK???? [IMG] http://www.theurl.com/images.gift[IMG]
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 10:14am
Adina

No spleken ze duetch!

Repost please

edited: this sever went kuku!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 10:18am

???????????????????
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 11:30am
A manakin head!!Theres the rest of my body!Side view of the same hair~Now you can see I'm real!~Unless you think I am using a full size manakin now or better yet trick photography~????!Anyone help w/ posting pix?I'll post more!If you look close at my avatar you can see it's no manakin! adina.com/images.gif[IMG] [IMG]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic