Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steaming straight synthetic to a wave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: steaming straight synthetic to a wave
    Posted: March 07 2005 at 6:27am
hi all - not sure where to put this, so i'll start a new thread:

here's some pics that heather, an atlanta hairpolice affiliate, sent to me of stick straight monofiber hair she did before and after steaming the hair in braids. their goal was a sorta "messy" and piecey look; probably steaming with rollers in would yield a more uniform curl:

before:

after:

here's heather's hairpolice info (http://hairpolice.com/zip/index.php?action=view&id=54). i found her through their site and am having her do my hair next monday
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:08am
That color choice is stellar. Kind of preppy, really appropriate for an alternative southern girl.
I would have had her model in an old school tennis outfit.
What do you guys think of the steamed braids? I kind of think they just look messy. I guess the point is that it can be done.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:19am
Hehe! First off, the colors are awesome--they look amazing on her. I just love it!

Yeah, the effect is pretty "messy" (a lot like what mine looks like after I braid it for a night), but it looks really great on her that way. And I imagine if you used rollers, the effect would be a more uniform curl.

This is a great find! Thanks to you and Heather for the pics.

Oh, I can't wait to get my steamer now....

:)

P.S.: Good luck with your appointment. Can you find out if those braids on the top of the model's head are pinchbraids or open-ended (I'm assuming they're pinchbraids). I've been considering doing my hair that way for awhile now, and I really like the way those ones look--very natural.... :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:00am
hey jenny -

they are all pinchbraids; she sent several pics - some of the braids showing on the top, some more concealed. she is DEFINITELY creative with the color....so excited; i must say, i would never have heard of pinchbraids, or have thought that would work with "my texture" hair (ahem caucasoid) if it weren't for you all and your great support. she sent more pics with creative color use and varying pinchbraid style- i'd be happy to share as i have her permission if you all would like to see what's possible with synth/pinchbraids.

scotchy - i agree! punky prep! i love it....i have kinda a conservative job (veterinarian), but i'm so tempted to inject a little color....we shall see....
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 2:01pm
Yeah those colors kick arse. I am sooo tempted to bleach my hair so I can have fun with the platinum. Seems to be so many options for color than brunette. All the color jobs I really like are blonde base.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 2:15pm
LUCIOUS!!!!
Your Fla. girl is great!
Makes me long for warm weather...Im freezin my @ss off here in Ohio!

Squeeze... me too I'm feelin some blond comin on!

Thanks for those inspiring pics!
Gna
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 2:22pm
AHHHHHH...

SPRING IS IN THE HAIR...
It is what it is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 2:28pm
here are some others...i luv luv luv the super blonde...but here's some others i thought were beautiful....
this one's kinda what i'm thinking for myself...

silver fox - kind of a faux hawk:

and...

heather is actually in atlanta, georgia; i know she occasionally travels to NYC with hairpolice, though..
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 2:38pm
Heather is just all kinds of awesome, isn't she? I love seeing photos of her work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic