Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick Fix for Shrinkie/LG residue...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Fix for Shrinkie/LG residue...
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 1:14am
OK, I can't tell you what possessed me to try this, but when I was taking down my shrinkies the other day, I hoped for a quicker way to get all the shrinkie residue/Liquid Gold residue (yep, too lazy/impatient to do nail glue over my tips) out of my hair.

I dug into my hair care lair and came out with "Framesi Biogenol 'One Tip' Split Ends Repair and Shiner." For practical split end purposes, the directions say to apply a small amount to the hands and apply. However, I abandoned all restraint and sprayed the stuff right on the glue/residue globs in my hair, and *goodgollymissmolly* if it didn't dissolve the glue in short order! I was combing out the loose pieces of glue in 5 minutes.

My only concern was that it would leave my hair too slick to do a re-install within 24 hours, but my hair was fine after a regular shampoo (Bed Head Moisture Maniac--my daily stuff).

Looks like this lovely concoction is a silicone-based product. It also has "Sphingolipids," which are probably derived from the hydrophillic fats of the elusive Sphingos...OK, I totally just made that last part up, but it really does have Sphingolipids, which are no doubt important somehow...

ANYWAY...it's good stuff. I got it at the "Deal$" $1 store like, a year ago, so I don't even know if it is still in circulation, but if it is, I will be buying a case of it!

EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 4:01am
Yep shine spray is great at removing glue. I use Do-Grow from Sallys.

On a side note: I bought some cheap Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo at Wallyworld the other day and man does this stuff strip everything from your hair. Its great for the shampoo before an install or to get any oil/greasy stuff out between re-installs.

I have pretty oily hair and usually shampoo everyday but with this shampoo I only need to shampoo every other day and in a pinch I can go 2 whole days.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 7:20am
How about Seabreeze after you take down?

I meant to add use it after your silicone stuff.

Gna
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 1:44pm
This jives with AMM's earlier postings about oil working for the Shrinkie residue. I'm scared to death of that LG residue after my earlier experience. . .

So I *do* do the nail glue thing, AND I snip my pretips down to a very small size. The "hardness" of them doesn't bother me at all.

-Fina

Rapunzel: Loved the biology lesson!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic