Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question for extentubers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for extentubers
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 8:02am

Hi there, just fell upon this picture of the application of extentubes and wondered what everybody else's comments were. I personally don't take sections of hair as big as this from the client's hair and wondered if I was doing it correctly x
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 8:29am
The sections on the right look pretty monsterous.
The ones on the left look better. The sectioning is nice and tidy though.
I'm still a newbie...so I'll let others chime in.
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:20am
I don't think they're too big. Remember, the finer the persons' hair is, the bigger the sections need to be so that the extension isn't hanging on by three hairs after a month of natural shedding.
I actually think it's a pretty good looking installation, nice brick pattern that won't break in straight lines up and down the noggin. It also depends on how much hair you're going to hang on the section.... I have to say it's a good color match too. you can't really see where the real hair is and what's extension. How do other people determind their section size?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:43am
Well I'm doing the back of my own head so I reckon I'm going to go for this look and also start doing it this wide on my clients because half of them are saying they've taken out some of the hair I've put them in because it was too thick so I reckon I'm going to take bigger sections and then they will have less hair in overall. I've had about 3 clients take some of their hair out just recently. I've put about 6 oz in each of them. I suppose that's a lot of hair if you've never had them in before xx
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 10:52am
Kewl picture Amanda. Some of the sections do look a little bigger than the others on the left side. But it's very tidy and looks like a very good install, imo.
It is what it is...
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 10:53am
Are those the large extendtubes?

I have the med. size and I don't think it would be possible to loop all that hair w/the mediums.
It is what it is...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 10:57am
Those don't even look like extentubes to me. I have all three sizes and even the largest aren't that big, even when flattened. Those look more the size of a shrinkie in diameter. Did the picture say they were extentubes specifically?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:30am
Yeah it was an advert from ebay from hollywood hair, they are selling a kit with as much hair as you need, the extentubes and the tools to do it with but they didn't state what size the extentubes were. I was thinking that I would never get that much hair in my medium extentubes xx
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:38am
Nice & clean. Looks good to me. And they look exactly like large microrings.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:27pm
Ditto. Looks good to me, too!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:26pm
Looks great to me nice and even
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:27pm
Whoa, those sections look HUGE. Admittedly, I've never used the large size rings or tubes, but if those are normal size rings than she's gonna have some major slipping issues ('cause rings slip more when there's too much hair in them). I usually do sections like half that big for regular-size rings.

-Rae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 4:45am
That's interesting, why do you think they slip more when there is more hair in x
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 5:38am
I would imagine it's because the more hair you have in them, the less you'll be able to "close them up"? :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 5:55am
Ahh yes. They gave me a small quantity when they were dishing out common sense LOL xxx
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 1:10am
Don't worry, it's not something that occurred to me at first either. :) If you have too much hair in the ring, they don't close flat.

-Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic