Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay 100

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
touch_of_pink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote touch_of_pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay 100
    Posted: March 13 2005 at 8:19pm
Hi there, i was going to buy micro rings for my hair or even shrinkies i was wondering if i could use http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=157 37&item=6751602576&rd=1this on ebay?And is this enough to do hafe my head?

HB Admin: Please note that any posts by members of these forums represent the opinions of the member and are not the official opinions of HairBoutique.com. Under no circumstances is HairBoutique.com ever responsible for the content or opinions expressed by members of this forum.

Edited by Administrator
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 8:31pm
First of all you cant get blonde hair from China so that hair has been processed within an inch of its life, keep that in mind.

It says its 2 feet long which is only 24 inches, so by my calculation you might only get 2-3 pieces out of it. I dont know if thats enough to do what you want to do with it. Are you going to cut the hair off and pre-tip it or were you going to install the weft with micro rings or shrinkies? Either way I dont think it would be enough.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 8:32pm
Actually, I don't know. It says two feet of weft, which might be enough for half a head, but they don't provide the weight. Can you find out how many ounces it is? Either way, that's a great price! :)

Edited to say: Emma is right that it would only be enough for a few rows, so it depends on what you mean by half your head, too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote touch_of_pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 8:56pm
Thanks ladys!

Would hair.. weft that is 16 inches long & 60 inches wide do for a hafe head?
I was just going to install the weft with either microrings or shrinkies..

I would like my hair like that, its like that just now but i would like to make it longer would this be enough hair ?

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 9:11pm
Yeah, 60 inches wide of weft is fine for a half head. The 16-inches part refers to the length of the actual hair hanging down.

-Rae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote touch_of_pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 9:13pm
Thanks
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 9:24pm
Stay clear of salvagestock on ebay. I have that hair and it is total crap. It's bss hair and she snips the wefts and sells sections of them. The string on mine was unraveled by the time it arrived and there were stray hairs in the baggie from where it fell from the weft. There's no labels on them and there's no identification what type of hair it is.

HB Admin: Please note that any posts by members of these forums represent the opinions of the member and are not the official opinions of HairBoutique.com. Under no circumstances is HairBoutique.com ever responsible for the content or opinions expressed by members of this forum.

Edited by Administrator
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 9:54pm
Thanks amm! I have looked at that sellers auctions before and thought that 2 feet weft was an odd amount. I wont buy any human hair off ebay anymore. Ive had some pretty bad experiences. I bought some 'high quality silky straight human hair' one time that was so kinky and dry & brittle that if you just tugged the strands lightly the hair snapped off! I kid you not this stuff looked like fried horse tail! I swear this was not human hair at all. Completely unusable. And the seller ripped me off big time. Said no problem Ill refund your money if you send it back, so I sent it back and then the seller didnt refund my money! Ignored my emails completely. And paypal did NOTHING. They have a 30 day policy. First this seller took 3 weeks to send it (supposably the first pkg got lost so a second was sent, then I had to return the hair & waited for 2 weeks and several emails so I was over the 30 day limit!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 10:19pm
salvagestock is obviously doing a little photoshop work with her hair photos or relying on flash to brighten the hair. It is not even close to how she's representing it on ebay. She's got that hair smoothed and oiled up to within an inch of its life because it's a flyaway dry mess (at least what I got was.) Here's another ebay seller to avoid: sampook (here's one of the auctions: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60188 &item=6750301614&rd=1 ) sampook was a poster on the yahoo hair groove board a while back and always bemoaned how she would buy hair that was advertised as tangle free and it would knot up on her. All she was looking for, she whined, was someone to be honest about the hair she was buying.I looked at some of sampook's auctions and she had stolen some of kimarie teter's hairlocs photos and she was passing them off on her auctions as the hair she was selling. I wrote to sampook and told her what an utter fraud she was. She never responded but she took the hairlocs photos off her auctions. THEN she stole photos off superhairfactory and I caught her on that too. Now I can't tell what pics she's using. Really...what the hell is wrong with people?

Edited by Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote touch_of_pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 2:43am
Yeah there is a lot of trouble with ebay ive bought a few things and when i get them its not really what it looked like in the picsWhat do ya think of this one girls http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=118 53&item=5565067655&rd=1   ?Any yous ever bought anything of the ebay seller 'juicyfruit999' ? They have 100% good feedback...Do you think it would be ok to buy shrinkies from ebay or is this a bad idear?BTW see this weft hair can i use that hair with shrinkies?Would 100 shrinkies be enough to do hafe a head?

Edited by Administrator
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:26am
Hi there chick, I actually sell hair on ebay and mine is the euro weave its obviously not as good quality as the bohyme remi but you get what you pay for. Why buy shrinkie for that price from ebay when you can get them far cheaper and a lot more in them from Doctor Locks xx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:29am
One hundred shrinkies should be enough for half a head, if you're making your tips medium to large. But generally, I would recommend steering clear of eBay for human-hair purchases. It's too risky. Even if the seller has good feedback, you really don't know what those customers are using the hair for. And for daily wear (i.e., extensions that aren't clips), you really need durable, high-quality hair.

I would recommend sticking with brands and sellers that have received fairly consistently good reviews. And without knowing what color, texture, and length you're looking for, I'd suggest checking out:
Bohyme at http://ebonyline.com/
Glamourhair Remi at http://glamourhair.com
His and Her Cuticle at http://hisandher.com
Extensions Plus at http://extensions-plus.com/
Hairpiece's 101 at http://Hairpiece.com

:)

Edited to say: P.S.--Oops. Simultaneous post. I didn't mean not to buy from Amanda off eBay; just steer clear of unknown sellers.

And ditto about the shrinkies.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:32am
I wouldnt hesitate to buy synthetic hair off ebay, generally synthetic is always the same quality depending on the grade. If your buying synthetic for loose extensions you definitely want monofiber. Its higher quality than Kanekalon. The only way Id purchase human hair is if I know the brand or the seller.
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:41am
Just a note, those shrinkies that are for sale on ebay are actually Doc Locks shrinkies but she's selling them at double the price, she's even used the Doc's picture. I've e-mailed the Doc but she says she'll let it slide this time seeing as she's buying them from her xxx The hair I sell is Jazzy euro weave hair xxx I can also get celebrity elite bohyme remi which is cuticle hair but I don't advertise that on ebay as its more expensive x
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 4:14pm
Sherrie have you ever tried thermofibre (available from American dream) it can be blowdried, looks like HH and can be straightened up to 180o also enough for a full head is oly approx 10 pounds
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 4:28pm
LOL shel.... I want to try the thermofiber from AD but I cant get any email response from them, been trying for about 4 weeks to get an order.

We have several ladies here on the board (myself included) that are using various brands of thermal fiber. Nobody using AD that I know of cause they dont seem to be responding to email!
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:49pm
yeah you need to call them +44(0)2087430206

18" (100g) = 9.95 (GBP)
36" (200g) = 19.95 (GBP)
60" (400g) = 32.95 (GBP)

all prices include vat but not delivery

natural cols- 1, 1B, 2, 4, 6, 16, 27, 30, 33, 613
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:52pm
Im going to order some net week so i can send you a sample if you like Sherrie
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:54pm
I finally got my AD catalog today, and I must say, it's amazing! Has anyone seen the patterned hair they have (the zebra stripes, flowers, and streaks) in person? They're wild! :)
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:58pm
Yeah jenny its pretty cool. I like the blonde and brown cube look the best. If you are looking to buy any hair from them i would reccommend either the Pltinum extreme hair or the Premium ad hair.

x

(usually they dont have hair in lengths over 22" even though the book says they do up to 30"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic