Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bangs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Spike View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bangs
    Posted: February 10 2002 at 12:45am
What is with the new obsession with bangs?

Alyssa Milano, Kim Delany, Jennifer Lopez, Charisma Carpenter, ...

Is it merely as an update to existing styles or a start of a new trend?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 7:17am
As a fan of long, hang-over-the-eyebrows bangs, I thought Kim Delaney looked great on her Philadelphia show last week. I haven`t seen the others, although Alyssa Milano and Jennifer Lopez generally look great in any style (although that short curly wig Jennifer was wearing for awhile didn`t do it for me). As for Charisma Carpenter, I`m still bummed out that she hacked off so much of her gorgeous hair.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 12:26pm
Since I love bangs (especially mid-forehead) ones, I hope it is a trend. I`m still trying to find a picture of Charisma Carpenter with shorter hair.
PinkPoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 12:33pm
here`s one of charisma carpenter with short hair:
http://www.absolutely.net/carpenter/icq1.jpg
Kate

Hair: It can make you happy, it can make you sad, but mostly it just allows you to spend some quality time with your mirror. :-)
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by PinkPoodle PinkPoodle wrote:

here's one of charisma carpenter with short hair:
http://www.absolutely.net/carpenter/icq1.jpg

Charisma, all is forgiven! Well, as long as your hair always looks like that!
Spike View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 2:09am
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 6:35am
I`m sorry, but I think Alyssa`s new haircut is nasty. I never did care for the short short bangs. She would probablly look nice with the bangs a little longer, but I have to admit that I favor hairstyles without bangs.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 7:31am
Nasty is a good word for Alyssa`s cut... she really needed something diff. but that`s not it!
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 7:44am
What the heck did Alyssa do that for? I mean, did she sneeze when the stylist was cutting her bangs? That`s just ridiculous.

And even more depressing if you have seen her promo pictures from the beginning of the season where her hair looked the best it has in a few years.

Bummer.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Olivia Chillia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivia Chillia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 10:54am
My word! I didn`t think it was possible, but they`re worse than Callista Flockhart`s bangs from whatever season she had them so short. Those kinds of bangs almost always look accidental. Even monk bangs are better.
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 11:54am
Another voice for the chorus - Alyssa, were you doped up on cold medication? I have always liked that she experimented a lot with her hair, and always seemed to try styles that were at least trying to be, you know, flattering. Not this one. Yikes. Shudder.

On a more general note, I`m generally a fan of bangs, as they soften up the looks of many stars who need softening. Kim Delaney`s don`t work for me, though. I think with the straight long hair, they make her look too much like a 6-year-old. I`d still favor the no bang curly version from her NYPD Blue days.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 3:57pm
Ecckk I hate bangs don`t come back in style... I`ve been taking forever to get mine to GROW OUT! geez style change so fast. Everyone wants to let there hair grow out... and then everyone gets it all chopped off. Well, I`m through with that crap.. I`m growing my hair out and leaving it that way for awhile! Bangs were such a pain in the @$$ to curl everyday also! Plus, I had to use hair spray...eckkk I hate using those sticky products on my hair!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
MplsLongHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MplsLongHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 4:52pm
Ok, I guess I`m in the minority here, but I like the pictures of Alyssa Milano`s new haircut. I think it suits her well.
MplsLongHair
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 5:34pm
WOW, looks like she either had an accident while trimming her hedges or her 4 year old neice got her with the scissors while she was sleeping. At least it`ll only take 2 months to grow out that mess.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 8:40pm
Charisma - WOW! I like it - I like it a lot!

Alyssa - While I like short bangs that is too short! It also doesn`t work with the rest of the hair.

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Spike Spike wrote:

here's some links to Alyssa Milano's new haircut.

http://www.alyssamilano.purespace.de/414-1.jpg
http://www.alyssamilano.purespace.de/414-2.jpg
http://www.alyssamilano.purespace.de/414-3.jpg

Going from what she had... to this? What a horrible decision.
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2002 at 7:10am
Alyssa`s bangs are to short! I,ve been trying to decide for two months if I should get bangs are not. But ...nothing that short or choppy. Right now my hair is chin length, slightly inverted in the back and has blonde highlights all over.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2002 at 4:47pm
Well, Alyssa`s bangs are pretty short indeed -- but not bad. IMO she looks quite cute in those images.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2002 at 5:04pm
I don`t like Alyssa`s bangs. I thought she looked so pretty in those AT&T commercials with the longer hair and grown out bangs. She just looks younger now.
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2002 at 8:03am
well some of you say she looks younger...yeah maybe she does. I don`t see it that way.

I think her new hairdo is a small step away from a male mullet. It looks horrible!!! She looks like a MONGOLOID with that cut. All I can picture is Captain Kangaroo...LOL.

I don`t watch much TV but her bangs remind me of Courtney Cox`s bangs in the movie Scream 3. Pixie bangs combined with a trailer park semi-mullet just look awful on any women...

LADIES IF YER OUT THERE THINKING OF DOING THIS TO YER BANGS.....DON`T UNLESS YOU WANNA LOOK REPULSIVE.

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic