Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Preppy Disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caterina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caterina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preppy Disaster
    Posted: May 01 2002 at 3:35am
Aaaaaaaargh!!
I am so obsessed with hair, i love it and have always wanted to be a hairdresser and now that im almost finished high school i thought id take "initiative" and cut my own hair, to "observe my potential". Well i thought id cut some layers - i wanted the outer layer of my hair to be about 3 inches shorter than the rest of my bra strap-length hair. I did it, and it looks awful! I cut it staight, about as perfect as a hairdresser would have, but because my hair is frizzy the shorter bits boof out, so i have soft silky hair underneath and dry frizzy hair on top. it looks stupid! I am such a goob.
Tip: Don`t cut your own hair - even if you are a hairdresser!
lea View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2002 at 2:50am
i did that too. attention evryone - dont do what we expensive
Stacey Cornett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Cornett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2002 at 1:48pm
Does anyone know what she should do b/c I know how she feels. I didn`t cut my own hair but mine frizzes just like hers.
rome19047 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rome19047 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2002 at 8:26pm
When cutting layers in curly or wavy hair, there is a technique that is utilized, so that the layer is scooped out and it allows the hair to lay appropriately. An experienced stylist should discuss this with you before the cut. To control the frizz, I`d use a moisturizing shampoo, and conditioner, and then I"d use silicone based products for shiny hair, like after- party by bedhead as a styling product if I were straightening. I`d use uptight by bedhead and some power trip gel if curly. Don`t over work the diffuser when blow drying. When straightening really spin the brush to get a smooth effect.
Jessok View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2002 at 4:54pm
You should try Frizz-Ease Hair Serum by John Freida. That stuff works really well on any type of hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic