Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OMG PLease HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shickster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shickster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG PLease HELP!!!
    Posted: October 25 2003 at 3:57pm
I let my friend talk me into letting her dye my hair...MY natural color is a dark strawberry blonde. Well, my friend put a dark red on it, she told me it would come out a pretty cinnamon brownish color...when I looked in the mirror I was appalled!!! I have RONALD MC DONALD HAIR!!!! It is blood red and I can't stand it. I cry everytime I look in the mirror...WHat can I do to fix this monstrosity. I wanted a different color but not THIS color...HELP!!!
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2003 at 9:09pm
Sorry to hear about your bad color experience. My best advice is to go to a professional color expert. Look for someone that does "color correction." There are products that will remove the color but if not used correctly they can cause extensive damage to your hair.

Good luck!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2003 at 10:21pm
Gomen, accidentally hit it before I should've the first time. *sweatdrops*
More awesome than a manatee!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2003 at 10:22pm
That reminds me of one time I bought a dye that, on the box, appeared to be a lovely coppery brown, but when I put it on it turned my hair bright orange :-P . When that happened to me, I just put on a wig and went out to buy some like medium-brown dye. I put that over the orange, and it came out pretty much the coppery brown I'd expected from the first dye.
More awesome than a manatee!
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2003 at 10:25am
I agree with Budokan. Seeing a professional in your area will give you the best and quickest results. It may be possible to tone down the color by applying the opposite color but that technique really should be left to someone with experience. I have had a large number of clients that had a bad color experience they tried to corrrect themselves but got an even worse color. Be VERY careful about trying to correct one color with another.

You may have to remove the color totally and return your hair to its original shade. For future reference, Robert Craig has a very good product called "Colorfix" that removes permanent hair color no matter HOW LONG is has been in the hair. I have used it and got excellent results.

http://www.merchantamerica.com/robertcraig/index.php?ba=product_enlarge&product=22088

Good luck in correcting your color. I hope things work out well for you!!
Merlin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic