Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
confused and depressed View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote confused and depressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please help
    Posted: September 07 2004 at 9:30pm
hi, i am very confused about what to do about my hair. In january, i was feeling a little boring, so i desided to highlight my hair....big mistake! they were waaaaay too bright and it just wasnt me. So, i told the lady that did my hair how i felt and she put a "toner" on it. I LOVED it......however, it slowly started to fade, and here i was with this same hair i disliked. I called her again and she informed me that the "toner" (which, by the way, costed $65) was semi-permanent and she would put a permanent color on my hair...even BIGGGER MISTAKE. The color she put on my hair (so she said) was a "medium brown", but it was SOOOO RED!!!!! i was so sad....id rather have my highlights back than this red color...but now its more like a brassy orangish redish goldish color and i HATE it. i have sr pictures, homecomming, and so many more major events comming up, and i just want my old, boring hair back!! will someone please help me?! You dont know how much i would appreciate it! thank you verrry much!
-confused and depressed
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 1:51pm
I feel so sorry for what you are going through, especially since you tried to do the right thing by having your color done by a stylist. The lady that originally did your highlights should never have charged you for the toner. What is that about?

Now, I think what would be best is for you to find a new colorist. A good colorist, maybe somebody who only does color. As you can see, they are not all created equal. Maybe you can ask some friends for recommendations. Have a consultation before you agree to anything. Bring pictures of what your hair used to look like before you colored. Make sure that you and the colorist are on the same page and that you communicate well. That is so important in getting the results you want. Finally, if the end result does not turn out according to what you and the colorist agreed on, you are entitled to let her know that and she will be obligated to try and fix it to your satisfaction.

Color is not an exact science, but by taking the time to find a professional whom you trust to do your hair, you will be one step closer to getting back to where you want to be.

I hope that helps. Good luck with everything, and don't be scared :) Better color is just around the corner!

confused and depressed View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote confused and depressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 4:55pm
thank you for repling i have been talking to a new colorist, and she seems like she really knows what she's doing...pray for me! lol
thank you again,
confused and depressed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic