Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Naturally Curly Hair...help me please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CuteeAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteeAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naturally Curly Hair...help me please!
    Posted: September 22 2002 at 12:45pm
Okay, i love my hair. its a beautiful blonde color, and it goes down my back and its like spunky curls and full. The only problem is i think im runining it. How do u get you hair to be curly...all the time with out useing so many products. Everymorining before school i put about 5 differnt hair products in so by the end of the day it doesnt frizz. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**Theresa Frances**
m.y.o.b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.y.o.b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2002 at 2:37pm
http://www.naturallycurly.com/ is an excellent website for people with naturally curly hair, there are all kinds of tips, advice and product information:) good Luck!
m.y.o.b
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2002 at 8:23pm
See if you can get a copy of Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. It`s about $9 or $10. It has some great ideas about curly hair.
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
threejobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threejobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2002 at 2:40pm
I have a great product. It is by Volumax and it is called poamde/gel. It is in a black jar at Sally Beauty Supply for about 6.00. Its the only product you need. It does everything for curly hair.
threejobs!
Zohal View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zohal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2002 at 3:26am
Originally posted by CuteeAngel CuteeAngel wrote:

Okay, i love my hair. its a beautiful blonde color, and it goes down my back and its like spunky curls and full. The only problem is i think im runining it. How do u get you hair to be curly...all the time with out useing so many products. Everymorining before school i put about 5 differnt hair products in so by the end of the day it doesnt frizz. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have curly with lot of problems.
1. dry
2. damage
3. i want long hair but my hair always have problems to be long
3. very hard
4. i can`t give it stile

please help me i like to my hair be smoot, soft, long and curly
Dynah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2002 at 9:29pm
I agree with SnowWhite. You have to get a copy of the curly girl book by Lorraine Massey! It`s a really good book for all the curlies! =) One more thing, you should follow my sister Deb¡¯s advice. Well, she learned some of the things from the curly girl book. But here it is anyways.

This is what I do to make my curly hair look nice.

1. I shampoo and condition my hair.
I like to give my curls one last cool rinse before styling before coming out of the showers.

2. Once in every 2 weeks, I like to do `Whattacurl wants` from the Curly girl book. I suggest that you don`t use this recipe every single day, trust me...it makes your hair feel a bit weird. Just use it once in awhile. (See below for recipe)

Whattacurl Wants

The baking soda will remove heavy product buildup and leave your hair feeling shiny and clean.

1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup warm water

1. Combine above ingredients in a spray bottle and shake.
2.Wet, condition, and blot-dry hair as usual
3. Spray with mixture
4. Allow to sit for a minute or so, then rinse with cool water.
5.Blot dry again, style as usual.

3. After I get out of shower, I take tiny drop of my conditioner and I run through my hair with it or I scrunch my hair with it. (Yes I know, it sounds a bit disgusting but it really helps me to get rid of my frizzies without using tons of products)
I also like to mix olive oil or some kind of nut oil with my favourite perfume and spray my hair with it.

4. I then take any gel(tiny drop) and scrunch my hair with it... sideways...looking down...always from the end toward the scalp.

5. I also then take any gel(tiny drop), graze my hands over the top layer of hair. (It really minimizes frizz)

6. I then just air-dry my hair.(Leave it alone)

7. I fluff my hair from beneath before it dries 100%

If I dont feel like taking shower ...I just spray my hair with a spray bottle filled with water. I then just use tiny bit of conditioner and gel to style my hair.
Tivolady View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tivolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2002 at 8:29pm
My hair saviour is a book named Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. It`s only about $12 and it`s a how to guide for curly girls. I have been following her technique which is outlined in the book for about two months and it has made a tremendous impact on my curls/waves. What I like most is by following her technique the only product I use in my hair is gel. I live in NYC where she has a salon and just had my hair cut there for the first time today. Keith, who cut my hair, went step by step through her technique, my hair has never looked better! I don`t work for them, I swear, I just wish every person who has had so many frizzy, uncontrollable, miserable days with their curly/wavy hair could find this book.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic