Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

soft curls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: soft curls
    Posted: March 19 2003 at 3:06pm
i have naturally wavy/curly hair that is long. it is medium texure. i let it dry naturally. can anyone recommend a product to bring out my curls that doesn't give it a cruncy feeling? serums don't work, they make my hair feel greasy. a product that will make my hair soft curls and no frizz.
miCk304 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miCk304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 6:38pm
I know what you are saying... to get these "soft curls" i put mousse and a little gel in my hair and then dry it with a ahir dryer, i just put the difuser on and flip my head upside down. It may also depend on the kind of mousse you use... i would reccomend something that says volumizing on it, usually the ones that say extra control adn things like that keep ur hair stiff....

-MiCK-
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 9:13pm
I use various things on mine. Right now I use Redken outshine, antisnap and moist. Then I add Curly Sexy Curl enhancer. I also like Aquage Definening Lotion.
The trick is to use something very soft hold. This allows the curls to continue to shape and move throughout the day. As you know, our curls have a mind of their own so as long as you allow them to do what they want the better they look. Using anything stronger confinds them and thats when they look stiff and crunchy or they can be stubborn and just frizz.

Happy Curls!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2003 at 4:20pm
one of my problems with my curls is in some spots they won't curl as much.
chunli210 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunli210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 12:20am
Originally posted by princessmonica princessmonica wrote:

i have naturally wavy/curly hair that is long. it is medium texure. i let it dry naturally. can anyone recommend a product to bring out my curls that doesn't give it a cruncy feeling? serums don't work, they make my hair feel greasy. a product that will make my hair soft curls and no frizz.
chunli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 12:26am
My hair is curly and thick. I used to use mousse, gel, and hairspray to tame my hair and it was always crunchy and stiff looking. Recently, I started using the Catwalk honey & oatmeal shampoo and conditioner (they're super moisturizing!), then I spray on tigi health goddess leave in conditioner, I run some mousse through my hair, and finish off by applying catwalk curl amplifier ( I think this is really the key ingredient to making the curls shiny and not stiff at all) and spraying lightly with hairspray. I usually dry it with a diffuser just for a minute or less, and then let it finish drying overnight. It will be stiff while it is drying, but after that the curls are amazingly soft and shiny! Hope this helps. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic