Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i need support!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i need support!!
    Posted: June 23 2003 at 2:05pm
i need sympathy and support!! i have thick curly hair that is down to my shoudlers about!! i have bangs but im in the process of growing them out. i need help though!! this is the third time i startedto grow them out, and before i would always get nervouse and stop when they are jsut starting to get long. right now my bangs are to the tip of my nose straight!! my friends were all supportive about me doing it at first but now they keep bringing up the subject on how i look good with bangs. but im sick and tired of having to straigten and if i leave them curly they are above my eyebrows. my forehead is not small its kina big but its not humungous and i have a long oval shaped face!! please help me through this grwoing out stage i need support!! bye!!
*~*with a flip of my hair and a wave of my hips this little chica is out with a kiss*~*Muah!!

<3 always.:Kristina:.
Moonshadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonshadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 4:26pm
I'm growing mine out too. I've tried so many times before I lost count. But this time they're almost long enough to tuck behind my ears- I've never made it this far before! I was kind of paranoid my forehead would look huge (yet one more body part to obsess over), but I don't think it will look bad. You just have to get used to it, I think. Anyway, keep growing them! If you decide you really don't like it, it will only take a minute to chop them off again, but let them really grow before you decide.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 10:01pm
I bounce between growing them out and cutting them. When I am growing them out, I blow them out with a round brush and brush them to the side. It creates a very pretty swept over look.

I hope this helps.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
mykky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 9:28pm
I have the same problem!!! I have a long face and my forehead isnt huge but not small. I have always felt uncomfortable without my bangs because I also tried growing them out but then I have seen pictures of myself and cut them again. I would like them grown out because they curl up when it is humid outside and I like my hair straight and if I grew my bangs out then maybe I wouldnt have that problem. I dont know what to do but I feel your pain! :)
kristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 10:52pm
lol exactly what i am!! i decided to grow them out jsut to see how they are for a whle and if i dont like it.. i ll just cut them again! thanks for all of ure guys support adn advice! i really aprecciate!
*~*with a flip of my hair and a wave of my hips this little chica is out with a kiss*~*Muah!!

<3 always.:Kristina:.
Yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 3:30pm
I can't believe how funny it was to read about all the curly girlies that have the same problem as I have had all my life. I have fine, corkscrew hair that just never seems right. I am a product junkie and am always looking for the one thing that will make a difference. I have found a few things, but it doesnt take away the fact that it is always a problem.
I may have actually gotten a cut that I like this time, and am still experimenting with the color. I too am in the process ONCE AGAIN of growing out my bangs...
Some of my favorite products are the Artec smoothing line and Sebastian potion 9. I have also recently discovered using a curling iron to smooth out the curls.
A great web site to check out is naturallycurly.com. Lots of hints and product info. Good luck fellow curly girls and hang in there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic