Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre tipped hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kristinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre tipped hair
    Posted: March 14 2005 at 1:09pm
Has anyone found any good pretipped hair?
I found some on His and Hers, is this any good?
I would tip my own but have found that I am WAYYY to lazy.
Thanks,
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 6:59pm
Good question. Overall, the reviews of pretipped (compared to their bulk and weft counterparts) have been lousy.

One place that looks promising is Extensions-Plus: http://extensions-plus.com I believe a few members here have used their pretipped hair with success. You may want to create a new thread about that (I haven't actually used it myself).

:)
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 9:44pm
I've used Dr. Locs pretips and liked them ok.  I would definitely steer clear of European Hair from Broomfield Colorado (can't remember their website) and Notjustwigs on eBay...their hair was the worst.  It was splitting after 1 month...highly processed.  If only PH would come in pretips...
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 9:46pm

There's an idea--pretipped PH. I'd love it if Sara offered that. :)

kristinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 1:15pm
What about His and Hers pre tipped hair?  Has anyone tried this hair?
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by delin delin wrote:

Notjustwigs on eBay...their hair was the worst.  It was splitting after 1 month...highly processed.

That is good to know - I've always wondered about notjustwigs cuz they always have a zillion things on ebay and lots of hair. Thanks for the heads up.
Originally posted by delin delin wrote:

If only PH would come in pretips...

No kidding. That's my next project! But I bet with PH, you could use nail glue alone.

Edited by Syren123
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 2:40pm
I tried to tip some funky coloured ph strands with latex and the latex didn't want to adhere to them so I think you'd have to tip with LG if you used that x
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 7:07pm

Yeah, LG works well on synth. It's a drag that latex doesn't though. It looked much easier to work with based on your tutorial, Amanda.

Delin, so you liked the pretipped from Doc's? I've heard some not-so-good reviews of it. Thanks for the heads up on those eBay sellers. I swear, I would never buy human hair from unknown sellers on eBay; it's a recipe for disaster, imo. 

Syren: I'm gearing up to pretip some PH myself. I guess I'll use the LG, but let me know if you find something better.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 7:10pm
I did pretips using the proclaim latex on the ebonyline thermal fiber and it worked just fine, I wonder what would make it not adhere to the PH?
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 7:28pm
I just did a bunch of PH tips with LG but let me go in the other room and hunt down my latex and get back to you real quick on what I see

:)al
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 8:02pm

Thanks, Mocha! We love experiments.

I especially like it when we do these fake-hair Pepsi Challenges, test-driving multiple methods, supplies, or types of hair side by side. 

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 8:38pm
okay so using the exact same hair as I did with LG on Sunday night, I just did a tip with proclaim latex (the dark kind)

my deep meaningful analysis so far.
I ended up with a fatter tip for the same amount of hair even though I squished it with the tip of a plasstic knife like usual.  Its been drying for about an hour and I was able to roll it just fine but already it does feel as solid as a LG tip would.  its not rigid.   I tried to pull strands out of the center of it and they didn't come out.

I'll check on it in the morning.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 9:07pm

Hmm...so it seems to yield a fatter tip....

Thanks, and please give us an update tomorrow. I'm curious to see how it turns out. :)

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 7:27am
Morning Update!

So after curing over night the latex tip is no longer fatter than the LG tip.  Since I literally snipped the LG tip off the ahir and then applied latex to the same bundle that is a really good sign I think.
Shedding - none with mederate forceful tugging on a couple strands at a time, or individual strands.
flexibility - While it feels solid when you squish it between your fingers (not quite as much as the  LG but close) you can definitely see a difference when you try to bend it the long way.  Its much more flexible then.

Ask me questions I don't think I've left anything out...

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:06am

I'm in the process of tipping WaWa (bulk) synthetic with latex glue... I'll tell ya what, this tipping crap is for the birds.  I'm about ready to throw this sh1t in the garbage!  I'm so frustrated, I tipped 15 last night (which took me like an hour!) and layed them on a towel on my chair, my cat decided he was gonna play w/all the pretipps!  I woke up this morning to get my son ready for school, and I see my pretipped hair in this room, that room, on the floor over there... errrr!

There has to be an easier way!!  I layed out the hair on a piece of cardboard and went glue crazy all along the top, let it sit for 20 min., flipped it and did the same thing again, then went to bed!  Checked it this morning and of course it was stuck to the damn cardboard! I pulled it all up and now I have pretipped cardboard hair, anyone want some!!??

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:07am

(forgot to post my 'emotion' with that last post!)

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:21am
Oh no Bridget you poor chick, never lay any glued tips on anything.  I always leave them hanging over the end of something.  If you have a problem because you're using WaWa with it slipping off then just weight it down with something xx
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:38am
okay maybe I can actually help.
I use a cheap plastic platter (a crappie throw away from an event at work).  My LG tips never stick but when I came back after an hour of drying last night my latex tip was stuck to it.  But since it was plastic it peeled right off and then I could roll it.  SO maybe cover your cardboard in saran wrap?

And don't feel too bad about the cat.  The reason I had tips I was willing to sacrifice for experiemtnal purposes was that my dog kidnapped at least two possibly more of them and I had to cut a couple inches off the bottom of them, maybe just trash them altogether.

Also when I tipped witht he latex I only mashed the tip with the knife once from one side.  When I do LG i do both sides but right at the same time before I let them sit up at all.

Ummm besides that what can I say, "We shall overcome???"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic