Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how much biotin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how much biotin?
    Posted: March 23 2005 at 6:30pm
my multivitamin has something like 300mcg biotin in it, which it says is 100% daily value.  i would assume this is enough for accelerated hair growth, but i also know that sometimes outrageous amounts of a vitamin are better for something like this.  how much biotin do you guys take?
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:12pm
Hi Katja,

I am currently taking 400mcg with the super hair energizer,  I have never tried it before but will see.  I have used hf37 and that seemed to work well.  It is all relative I guess,  you need to eat good (protien) and sleep well also.

Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 2:27pm

Hi Katja,

I tried just biotin by itself but did not see results.  I have tried lots of hair vitamins but had the best luck with HairTopia because you can open the capsules and pour them into protein drinks and stuff.  Also, they already have MSM included in the formula.

One of the people told me, when I ordered it once on the phone, that they only order enough HairTopia to turn it in 4 weeks and that it is only manufactured literally a week or so before they receive it.  So it is very fresh (some vitamins sit on shelves for over 1 year) and by opening it up and pouring into juice or oatmeal or protein drinks, it works immediately and doesn't have to be broken down in your system like the tablets do.

My trainer turned me onto Hairtopia.  Lots of the people at the club had great long and shiny hair and she said that a lot of them take the HT with their protein drinks and see a big difference.

Anyway, just my experience.  It may not work for all but it really helps my hair and my nails as well.

Edited by DanielleDupre
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 4:02pm
Katja, just be careful...I don't know about the solubility and such of biotin and MSM, but some vitamins in too high a dosage can make you ill.  Research if higher dosages are safe...perhaps the FDA has some sort of information on this.

Edited by leia1979
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 9:02pm

i used to take 5000mcg.....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic