Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I permed my cuticle hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I permed my cuticle hair...
    Posted: March 26 2005 at 10:40am

I was bored yesterday and thought I would have a beauty day and went to sally's to get the regular skin and hair care products when I ran across the perm rods. Now, I have been trying to get my his and her cuticle hair to curl for the longest time now and it just will NOT hold a curl. I have tried hair spray and the curl just falls out the second it comes off of the curling iron. My original "vision" for my extensions look was leaning toward Sarah Brightman, very long, and spiraly waves/curls. My natural hair is curly, so I thought it would be nice to stay away from heat styling while my hair grows out. My childhood hair was very long and curly so I knew exactly what I wanted.

I ended up getting the silky straight because length and color reasons. The straight had been giving me a lot of tangling and pieciness lately so I was getting discouraged.

Anyway, the perm rods are on sale for 49 cents this week! so I bought them and I got an endothermic (or something like that) so that I wouldn't have to apply heat during the perm process.

Don't worry! I was smart. Alot of you wonderful knowledgeables have been warning me not to perm the hair, so I kept that in mind and test permed an extra track that I don't use to see how it would come out, and if it would kill the hair. To my surprise- beautiful spiral ringlets! And no damage!

I did the rest of the hair and I have to say I am very happy with the results. The hair feels like its in much better condition than before. I am guessing it is the work of the post-perm neutralizer, but neverthe less the hair is smooth and NON tangling! If there is still pieciness, I wouldn't be able to notice because the curls would disguise it.

I will be posting pics later on today to show you my new pride and joy!

:)

Edited by amymusic
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 11:24am
Amy, that's awesome!  I can't wait to see how it looks.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 12:33pm
That's great news. Sometimes these types of experiements don't work out, but I'm glad you're having good results. Can't wait to see! :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 1:33pm
Wow, Amy! You're brave! I'm glad it came out well and that you're getting what you want, cuz that's what it's all about.
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 2:09pm

Here it is without scrunching so it looks more wavy, when I scrunch it the ringlets are more pronounced.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 2:19pm
It looks beautiful, Amy. Good job!

How is the hair itself holding up? Did the perming affect the quality, or does it feel about the same to you?

:)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 2:20pm
Amy, your hair looks great!
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 5:10pm

Thank you. It did affect the quality, as i said in my other post, I think it was the neutralizer that really improved the quality of the hair. It is 10 times silkier now than it was before the perm. And I can run my fingers right through it without any knots. :) Yippee.

mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 6:48am
so you permed this while it was installed....not prior to installation, right?

i'm debating about doing a body wave prior to install - my natural hair looks pretty straight....until i start tucking behind my ears and pushing it out of my face....once the natural oils start distributing, i get body...nothing structured....but not stick straight either.

i need the amount of curl you'd find if you rolled slightly damp hair around a tube sock...any suggestions?
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:45am
MTO: Just to clarify, Amy's are clip-ins, so she permed them off the scalp. :)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:40am
Pretty darn good for clip-ins, girl. Bravo for you!

You look like an exceptionally well-tressed Snow White.
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 11:08am

wow that looks gorge curled. what kind of hair is it again?

woops its his n her cuticle. thats pretty expensive stuff eh

Edited by kirstyx1888xmac
mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 1:26pm
WOW....didn't realize she was clipped....awesome job
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic