Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

plastikhaar pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: plastikhaar pics
    Posted: March 25 2005 at 9:16pm
OKay so I asked my husband to blur my face out and he went a little over the top and removed everything but the hair fromt he pics but whatever.

So here are some pics of some tips I made this morning that I'm very proid of.  I had made some very small limone tips a couple of weeks ago.  This morning I added weiss to them.  Now all but a couple of them are on my head. 

And then these are with and without my plastikahaar bangs.  the flash makes them look much shinier than they are.

And this was my hair until two weeks ago.  'Mermaid Braids'

I went ahead and took some before pics after i gave myslef a hair cut right after taking the fringe pics.

So hopefully tomorrow night I can post before and afters of the newest creation.

:)al

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 9:27pm
Your tips look very good Mochachip!!

I just LOVE the mermaid colors!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 9:51pm
Me too--the colors are outstanding, and I just love those braids. A lot of the time, open-ended braids can look a bit sparse and scalpy, but yours look perfectly thick and lush. What's your secret?

The tips are flawless, and the bangs look gorgeous, too. I wish I could wear full bangs like that (they look pretty weird with my face shape though).

I can't wait to see tomorrow's pics!

:)
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 10:22pm
OHHHHHHHHHHHH *drools over the mermaid braids* what colors are those? I *heart* them!!!

I had a full head of black & red braids up til a couple months ago. they are so low maintainance once they are in, i love them. if only they didnt take SO long to install!!!

~Jenn~
X-tend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-tend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 12:58am

they look awesome, I am loving that color combo!

stacey_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 1:43pm
I love that colors that you had in your open-ended braids. The dark blue is amazing.  What color is it?

I also love the limone undercolor you chose.  It looks really cute poking out of your pony tail. 

And those tips are immaculate.  I have developed an appreciation for people who can pretip well.  This is likely because I have spent the last few days peeling glue off everything in my house (including my dog) after my last pretipping attempt.

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 2:08pm
Great tip job! Your afters look good, but it's kinda hard to really tell without your face! The mermaid hair is FANTASTIC! It really truly looks like hair a mermaid would have! I love it!

I sent your WaWa today, and put in a piece of Hot Stuff Fusion for you to check out.

MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 5:02pm
GREAT HAIR
i love plastikhaar
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 6:33pm
Thanks guys. 

The mermaid hair is 2.5 parts petrol gruen to 1 part royal blau to 1 part grass gruen.  I had picked out the petrol and then asked sara what it was blended from, so the other two are the components.

Jenny.  My hair is actually in a big ass (4 inch diameter) pony tail in the mermaid pic.  They actually went somehwere between elbow and waisst length.  If I can get my husband not to be so silly with the over the top face removal I'll post the one from the front of the same day.  I had about 140 braids with hexagonal sectioning so they were a little scalpy from the top but I almost always wore them at least part back or up causs the long straight line against my face was weird.

Syren the mail man came before I actually crawled out of bed this ?morning/noon? so the PH should go out on Monday.

Just got home from spending the afternoon out with my hair half done and hiding ina ponytail.  Now its time to get back to the install.

:)al
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:23am
Oh wow- I love open-ended braids, and those are some seriously beautiful colors!

Great job with the undercolor, too- it looks perfectly natural!

-Rae
shadowfyre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 8:50am

Mocha, I love those mermaid braids! Are those braided the length of your hair, and then tied off? Do you have a side or front piccy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 8:53am

OH, here is a link of some double ended braids I did months ago...they were doc locks super silky.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shadowfyre16901/album?.dir=250 4&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//phot os.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 8:56am

And another pic of a friend's open ended braids, that I installed....the are only about 60 braids there, as they were to be temporary.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shadowfyre16901/detail?.dir=2c 87&.dnm=bd61.jpg&.src=ph

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 9:51am
Oh, those are gorgeous, Shadow! How long did they take you to do? Did you tie them off with rubber bands or use a braid sealer.

Again, they're beautiful. Between your pics and Mocha's, I'm seriously considering getting some of these for summer.

:)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 9:58am
Thanks!  Umm I'll see what I can do about blurring my faceout of the front pic that was taken at the same time.

I braided down tothe end of my natural hair and sometimes a little further.  I did the box braids til the natural hair had really thinned out so some of them have like 8 inches of box braid before I switched to three way.  There are maybe 130? of them total.

Jenny I don't know if I'd want them in the summer Too Hot!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 10:20am
Those are awesome!  I love your color combo too, Mocha!  I wouldn't mind trying this out for summer too! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfyre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 1:07pm
I I tied them off with little elastics :) I love braids for summer, they are a little heavy, but, your scalp stays cool and they look great with boho summer styles. I'm all for the ethnic look !
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 7:06pm
Just beautiful and I loooooove the colors
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic