Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Volume AND Shine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Volume AND Shine?
    Posted: June 01 2005 at 3:45pm

Have been looking for a product/regimen that helps my hair look shiny/glossy/smooth, not rough and frizzy.  I think I'm making some progress, what do you think?

Both pics are second day hair, the June pic was after using Iso Multiplicity conditioner (has dimethicone) with honey mixed in.

I'm actually hoping for volume AND shine, but I seem to lose the appearance of volume as I gain shine (not actually losing any hair).  Vinegar doesn't work for me.  Anyone have anything else that helped them?  Or am I asking too much?

Thanks ~

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 3:50pm

Elyce, your hair looks terrific  I don't see why you'd want any more shine or volume than you already get!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 10:31pm
Yeah, you're asking too much. My hair has super shine and zero volume.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 8:53am

Anais, you are too sweet!  Actually, it was looking at the beautiful shine on your gorgeous hair that made me realize I needed to try for more!  Thanks for your comment ~

Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 8:55am

eKatherine, I think you are right, it's a tradeoff.  Going to keep trying to make it shiny, it looks so much healthier.  Your hair is awesome!

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 9:03am
Elyce your hair is so lovely, texure and great long length I will consider myself lucky if it looks even  close when it gets that long.  (Anais and Ekatherine you both have beautiful hair as well.
Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 11:46am

Hi TLSF, it does seem like it takes forever to grow out, I know.  We are so used to istant gratification!  I wish I had found this board sooner, the advice and ideas are so great!  I'm afraid I was neglecting my hair before.  How long is your hair now?  Good luck on your growth!

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 12:27pm
Thank you Elyce,  it is almost bsl 22" inches
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 1:23pm
Your hair is pretty Elyce, and you do still have plenty of volume in the shiny picture.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 2:22pm

TLSF, you are well on your way!  And you have the advantage of having this forum, so when you hair does get long, it will already be healthy and beautiful!

Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 2:57pm

Susan, thank you so much for your very nice comment.  I have been following your hair journey, thanks for sharing.  Every single style and color looked good on you, even the sea monster!  But I am partial to long and natural, like you have now ~

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 5:10pm
Elyce, you have enviable hair! I´d gladly trade some of my shine (which is what I hang on to when it goes all limp on me) for a bit of your volume, if it was possible!
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 6:48pm
Like everyone else said, Elyce, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous the way it is.  And it may just be the lighting in the pictures, but it looks like you gained a lot of shine between May and June.  Your hair also looks smoother in this month's picture.  Congrats on such great hair!! 
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 9:02am

Wow, Elyce... two thumbs up from me!  

Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 11:13am

Viktoria - What IS that limp thing that sometimes happens?  My hair has never been this long before, I didn't mind so much when it was shorter, but now I'm trying to analyze just what causes it (weather? products? care routine? attitude? voodoo?) -- haven't figured it all out yet -- your hair is so long in your pic, but I think you said it is even longer now, looking forward to new pic!

Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 11:29am

Katja - I think there was some improvement, thanks!  There are so many good ideas here for products and hair care/cleaning regimens, it's taking some time to try different combinations and see what is best.  I'm so unused to having long hair ~ what worked when it was shorter is so ineffective now!

Oh, and I checked out your pic, your hair is so thick and shiny and healthy looking!  Congrats on growth ~

Elyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 12:17pm

Dave - thanks, and whoa, that's a real compliment coming from you, I don't even have half your length - bowing to your superior wisdom!  I have been using an ARTec conditioner, read a favorable review you posted on it some time ago, not sure if you are still using it, but it is working for me, thanks for your helpful comments.

TLSF - I saw your pic, was that you?  Your hair is already quite long, you go girl!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 7:09am
Thanks Elyce!  It's nice to hear that someone is enjoying it!  I must say that's definitely the first compliment I EVER got on the sea monster look!   
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by Elyce Elyce wrote:

Dave - thanks, and whoa, that's a real compliment coming from you, I don't even have half your length - bowing to your superior wisdom!  I have been using an ARTec conditioner, read a favorable review you posted on it some time ago, not sure if you are still using it, but it is working for me, thanks for your helpful comments.

Aww...  You are too kind, Elyce.  I don't claim to have superior wisdom, but I have learned a thing or two.    I haven't used the ARTec conditioner in several years now, but I did like it very much.  I have been experimenting with a variety of S&C's and lately have been using Phyto products which I got from the hairboutique.com marketplace.  My hair likes Phyto very much.

mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 7:48pm

Elyce your hair is Gorgeous.....mine is now BSL 24"..my goal is mid back but will definetly keep on after I reach that goal.

I am a newbie and have gotten so many good ideas, hints tipsm aso started using Garnier Long and Strong shampoo with leave in conditioner, left my hair Great looking will see how it goes.

Cindy

8 months to *Mid-Back*..give or take!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic