Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Do My Pre-Tips Look?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do My Pre-Tips Look?
    Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:48am

Hello!
Yesterday i decided to find some silicone and experiment for the 1st time in pretips, i think i did a pretty cool job!

i used clear household silicone which is suitable for outdoor and indoor use, shower use and use in hot areas! It doesn't melt, its solid, yet flexible, and now that i've tipped with nail glue i think they're pretty tough.

(my scanner has messed the colours up btw)

What do you think? Neat, messy, too big, too small, etc..

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:52am
Looks good! Just make sure they don't shed I tryed the silicone and it didn't hold to the hair well and pulled out. The nail glue may help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:54am

Originally posted by marie87 marie87 wrote:

Looks good! Just make sure they don't shed I tryed the silicone and it didn't hold to the hair well and pulled out. The nail glue may help.

i gave them all a nail glue bath so they are totally coated in the stuff, i guess i just need to test them out :)

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 7:00am
kate they look good. I have some that I tried the silicone fo tipping and topped with nail glue. Havent tried em yet. Let us know how they hold up!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 7:25am
They look good.  And pretty colors too.  what hair is that?

I'm just laughing cause you've used a coin for easy reference but I don't know how big that coin really is... I should get out more.  Though I'm guessing its roughly American/Canadian dime sized.

HOw long is the hair?  That should put it in persective for me.

They look very consisten too which is always good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 7:46am
yup its the size of a dime :)

i dyed the hair myself, shall measure it in a mo
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 1:02pm

they look good. i would maybe cut them down a bit so the dont stick out of whatever method u use to apply.

Way to go!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Marquetta Bresl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marquetta Bresl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 7:56pm
Looking good!
Marquetta Breslin
http://www.braidsbybreslin.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:11am
Thanks Guys!
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 1:27pm

Great job! I think they look perfect.  Love they colours too.  Is the green and pink human hair?  You need to post pics of your install!

x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 5:00pm
its green and a pink/red transitional colour :)

Im not installing these as im getting some RK in the near future, its just crappy hair i used to test my preipping skills on :)
The hair is some rubbish sensationnel stuff that lasted about a week
mizsyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizsyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:55pm
They look good!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:57pm
sensationnel makes pink/red transition and green hair?  Whoa they don't have that at my BSS.
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 9:31pm
Those look really good!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 7:04am

Originally posted by mochachip mochachip wrote:

sensationnel makes pink/red transition and green hair?  Whoa they don't have that at my BSS.

nooo i dyed it myself using some crappy hair :D

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:22am

looks good to me, Kate!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:14am

Thanks! everyone :D

woo!

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:41am
Lookin good! Alot like the EZ plugs from EP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic