Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK Curly?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RK Curly?
    Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:31pm

does anyone have any idea what I would order from RK to get the natural curly double drawn hand tied wefts indian hair. I see "Weavy Double Drawn" for $80 for 18inch. Is WEAVY curly?
K-B
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:38pm
i would email rk and ask. i email them to ask about hand tied wefts and they were so helpful!
and god said let there be hair extensions.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:45pm

broom, what email addy did u use, i emailed three times with no response

thanks

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:54pm
vanka@vsnl.com write very very clearly! she is not  american.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:54pm
i had to email twice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 12:12am
thanks Broome! I just emailed, will wait for reply.
K-B
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 12:13am
when you actually click on the link to put that product in the basket it gives you the option between 4 different waves... i know one is like super wavy, body wave, jackson wave but i forget what the third is.  i just ordered some body wave which they say takes 3 days to process but actually took about 6 and then shipped out... im not complaining at all just letting you know in advance in case you need it right away ;p  no clue what would be considered naturally curly tho
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 5:44am
Oh I didnt know that about picking the curl options! Kewl!!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 6:24am
Oh look at that. I didn't even see those options before.

That Pre curly photo calls to me. Wonder if it really has that kind of wave to it.

LuckieDuckies, will you post a photo of your hair when it arrives. Please?

{edit}

Found this post on BHM but it's the Straight Double Drawn (looks anything but straight to me)

This is the prettiest hair i've ever used. Took some pixs last night and they honestly do it no justice as i'd slept on the hair for a few days and not combed or used any products on it in a while so you can imagine how nice it looks when you do that.

It's the 20" and 18" machine wefted colours 27/5/2/12 and about 4packs of hair in my head!

http://public.fotki.com/AnastaciaJ/

Scroll down to RK Hair album - password is: viva04

Edited by amm
Izabella120578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izabella120578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 7:32am
When you can choose the curls, you should know, that it is not natural indian hair. Natural indian hair is curly but not jackson curly or that stuff. So the hair is chemical treated to get this kind of waves...
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 7:41am
Unless you order the natural virgin hair everything else is chemically treated too :)
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:50am
aye aye i should do that amm, hopefully it will be in in 3 or 4 days as it shipped yesterday morning
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:57am
Huh, amm. That's not the texture that the straight double-drawn I've used has been. It's been mostly straight, but with a shallow ripple-wave-  and even then mostly on the lower half, not all over.

-Rae
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:50am
Rae, I've seen quite a few packages of RK "straight" and none of it looked like that either. I like it. It's a very soft looking french refined.

I'm interested to see what RK's bodywave looks like. And I have no idea what a Jackson wave is.
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 11:02am

wow those pictures are great, and she says she hasn't even briushed or styled it in days!!

I'm sold!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 6:22pm
Ok! I placed my order.
1 lb natural curly machine from Indianhairs.com (hope I don't regret this; I heard it can get kinda boofy),

and from RK:
-1 deep wavy double drawn hand tied,
-1 deep wavy double drawn machine, and
-1 super wavy machine.

I'll be sure to show pix of difft curls when they arrive.
K-B
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 8:00pm
I really want to know what that superwavy looks like.  I havent been able to find anyone with pics of it yet.  I cant make up my mind between super or deep..and Im contemplating getting some of the indianhairs natural curly.  So did you have to pay for shipping at both places or was it combined?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by cherrycoke cherrycoke wrote:

So did you have to pay for shipping at both places or was it combined?

combined. Which is why I ordered so much hair! Figured since shipping is $40 anyway, might as well make it ALMOST worth the shipping fees.
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by cherrycoke cherrycoke wrote:

I really want to know what that superwavy looks like.  I havent been able to find anyone with pics of it yet.  I cant make up my mind between super or deep..a\

I was anxious to know what superwavy looks like too. And since I couldn't find any pix anywhere, figured i'd be 'the guinea' and test it to see. I'm HOPING superwavy has a nice ringlet curl pattern [fingers crossed]
K-B
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:31pm

I just ordered some really long deep curl from RK and a pack of supercurly.  I wonder if it can be mixed ok.  I usually like putting my curliest hair on top.  I finally got a reply from RK. I had them  if I could request that the remy natural curly from indianhairs could be "extra curly" this is what he said:

"Now a days we have only regular curly. We do't have very very
curly."

So Im taking that whatever hair they have now wont have a very distinct curl pattern.  Who knows. I was hoping to get some totally virgin hair too, but if it had limp loose curls or just some curls at the bottom I would be really unhappy with it. I like  tight ringlets or at least a really distinct s curlshape.  I've never used cuticle indian hair before.  If I really can get hair that will last at least 6 mos without EVER matting, I will flip out!  This will change my life, because a very LARGE amount of my life is dedicated to picking up my shedding hair, (I've been shedding like a SICK dog and I go over the bss hair wefts with a sewing machine on baby zigzags too) spraying my dry hair, untangling and unmatting my hair, taking cold showers so not to mat my bush any further and planning my life events around the time my weave hair will be the freshest state.  hahaha omg that's sad

Edited by cherrycoke
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic