Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone heard of Extendmagic?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone heard of Extendmagic?
    Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:43pm
Okay, I can't speak for the ExtendMagic, but as far as the BraidMagic- that's the only braiding machine on the market thta I've seen that makes actual -braids-. The other ones- Conair, Igia, etc- make twist braids of various strands (i.e. 2-strand twists, 3-strand twists, 4-strands...not braids, mind you, but twists). You can tell them apart because the BraidMagic thingy has clamps that actually move independently, whereas the Quick Braider things just have prongs which rotate one way and then a head that revolves the opposite way- creating twists.

IMO, the BraidMagic thing looks awesome- I HATE doing full heads of braided extensions because it takes forever to do the lengths. I am doubtful that the thing will be capable of braiding in extension hair tightly enough- that requires really precise tension distribution between the strands and the Braid Magic machine probably has the same tension on all strands. So you'd start the braid, braid for a few inches, and then attach the BraidMagic and let it braid the lengths. That probably also means doing loose extensions with it will probably not be possible, since there's no "lengths" to braid. Of course, I plan on getting this BraidMagic thingie now, since I have regular braid clients, so I'll certainly try it. If anyone comes across vendor information for it, or knows where I can buy one, please let me know!

-Rae
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 8:41pm

Originally posted by michelitapolo michelitapolo wrote:

hey girls, I'm trying to find some info on a system called extendmagic, its a machine that has rolls of glue tape inside that run over both upper and lower heating elements, and you apply hair cut straight from the weft (or however you get your hair) to the natural hair and press just like a normal heat wand. I found a website- www.hibraid.com, but it gives no real info in english, what the glue is, how is it removed, where can I buy it etc. I think the company is Korean, and I'm stuck!! I'd love to hear if any of you chicks have come across this system before. Love to Amanda xoxo

Hey Amanda-

I did further research and because of my reputation, the inventor gave me a ton of info.  They are a very nice company and rapid in their replies. 

I have learned that the extensionist is able to extend hair to as few as 3 strands or as high as 100 strands without noticing any braids, metals, shrinks, glues, threads.  They claim that the attachment fuses with the hair that one can slide a comb over it.  It can be pressed straight or rolled.  The real player clip, they sent, really amazes me.  It showed people with very diffused thinning hair to the point that their scalp is visible to the people who want fashion hair lengthenings.

I have also spoken to a stylist who has experiences with hot fusion such as Balmain, SoCap, Cinderella, Great Lengths, and the way she sounded is as if this was better.  She will send me hair samples too and will sell the machine to me for less than half of the asking.

Because I have been very busy, I don't plan on contributing as much.  If anyone is interested, please PM me for further info.

Miss you all, Charlene

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 4:28pm
I just bought a conair hair braider at Brooks Pharmacy ($29.99) and thought I was going to be able to do pinchbraiding or something to be able to add hair quickly but I'm still experimenting with the damn thing! I didn't realize that they sold the 4 prong hair braider, I bought the 2 prong but at least I can try the braiding on my doll head and PH to see if there could be some way to make DIY quicker and neater. I would love to try that Extendmagic, that looks great. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know on how to add bulk/shrinkie/fusion to this hair braider. There has got to be some way to do it!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 10:37pm
OMG! The 3 and 4 strand twisting is amazing. Wonder if they make those tubes shorter so a DIY can do their own pinchbraids?

I found this automatic braider http://www.bodydeco.co.uk/acatalog/Hair_Briading.html - It looks like the same thing as the other braider. ??

If you look for Braid X-Press online, they're even cheaper elsewhere.

Edited by amm
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 10:24pm

Originally posted by marie87 marie87 wrote:

Can some one tell me what that amounts to in US dollars?

21.95 GBP
= 39.2968 USD

625.00 GBP

= 1,118.84 USD
This is exciting.  Tell us more michelitapolo!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 6:17pm
Can some one tell me what that amounts to in US dollars?
michelitapolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelitapolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 5:00pm
well, got hold of the website for the agents here in the uk. Still not very comprehensive, but it's really new and they're still waiting for a lot of info from the inventor. apparently it's a cold bonding system!?! There is also a training school not far from me that has recently taken it on and the agents have invited me to go along for a looksee. here is the website: www.fastbeauty.co.uk  The downside is that the machine costs £625, and each cartridge of tape (enough for 1 1/2 full heads) costs £21.95. I may well go and have a look but it would have to be pretty exciting to drag me away from AMM's shrinkies!!!
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:16pm
That site is crazy! Did you see those pic? Whoa! They all looked the exact same! I don't really know what to think!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:12pm
Sounds promising!! But too bad we can't get it direct from him. It would  be cheeper I assume.

Edited by marie87

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelitapolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:06pm
hi guys, got a reply back from the company in korea, it gives a bit more info but still doesn't answer my questions. However I have asked the nice man to refer me to the nearest agent, which I believe is in france and we'll see what we can dig up!!
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 11:00pm

Whoah! That almost looks to good to be true!

Can't wait to hear the feedback

Trischell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trischell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:36pm
This is the link to the Hibraid website that is translated into english.  If the link doesn't work then go to www.google.com and type in hibraid, the first search result is their website but click on Translate page to go to the english site. The video and user manuals are for the BraidMagic and TwistMagic, but nothing for ExtendMagic, although  they show stats and strength when you scroll down on the ExtendMagic page listed under products. 
Hope this helps.....Trischell

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ko& u=http://www.hibraid.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhibraid%26h l%3Den%26hs%3DtGS%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg .m ozilla:en-US:official_s%26sa%3DG

Edited by Trischell
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:34pm
Isn't that the same thing that Great Lengths came out with? It's on their website.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:01pm

Rrrrrrrrr. I just spent alot of time on that site and I really want to know what that is!!!!! And how much!!! I did a search for extendmagic and came up with nothing so this site may be it.Let me know how the e-mail goes I couldn't figure how how to mail them!

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:54pm

Originally posted by michelitapolo michelitapolo wrote:

hey girls, I'm trying to find some info on a system called extendmagic, its a machine that has rolls of glue tape inside that run over both upper and lower heating elements, and you apply hair cut straight from the weft (or however you get your hair) to the natural hair and press just like a normal heat wand. I found a website- www.hibraid.com, but it gives no real info in english, what the glue is, how is it removed, where can I buy it etc. I think the company is Korean, and I'm stuck!! I'd love to hear if any of you chicks have come across this system before. Love to Amanda xoxo

Amanda, that extendmagic looks really good.  I am signing up in this thread.  Keep me posted.

Charlene

PS- Why don't you try a http://www.appliedlanguage.com/free_translation.shtml to translate.

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 9:13pm
I'm interested in any info you find out, Michel... why don't you come right out and ask them what the heck the big secret is? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelitapolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 5:59pm
True Bridget, true, but check out the extendmagic tool under products on the menu, they have pictures of the extension system and even a mini movie (all in korean of course). I've managed to find the email address and I've asked for more details, hope they respond in english or I'm stuffed!! I was hoping that someone on the boards had come across it before so I could pick their brains. I'd just like to know why the owners of my sister in law's salon think it's so great and why they're keeping quiet about it
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 1:27pm
That site is pretty cool.  I can't imagine though, taking that big braiding/twisting tool up to someone's head, lol... what if it didn't stop twisting!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelitapolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 12:37pm
hi gorgeous, how you doin' married lady? Here's the thing, my sister in law is a stylist and the salon owners were raving on about this system, but are very secretive about it. so, she sneaked a peek at the packaging and came up with this website that is kind of useless. I can grasp the concept of the heat wand,it's much chunkier than normal because it houses the glue tape inside the main body which then runs over the ends, and when you sandwich the hair between the two sides of the wand it coats both sides with this thin tape. After that your guess is as good as mine..... do you roll it, how do you get it off etc. apparently it takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to do a full head!!!!
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 12:09pm
Hi there Michelle how are you chick, I'm baffled as to what this is exactly x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic