Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Smell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 10:17am
I appreciate it when people ask before they start smoking around me since I have a lung problem. I think the most polite way to handle "odour" is to move away if you can. For that reason I try not to wear scented products to the theatre or religious services when it is not so easy to move away.

Smoke does seem to absorb into hair. I don't like when smokers tend to congregate around the entrances of public buildings. One must walk through the smoke to get into or out of the building. I think heated shelters for smoking might be useful.

Cooking odours also will take up into hair. Cooking curry, onions, garlic, fish - cover up with a hat or scarf.

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 8:49am

Yes.  Hair soaks up smoke like a sponge, even more so then clothes.  although it comes out with a good washing and conditioning.  untill your next cigarette.  My job is in a very smoke filled enviroment, and although I cant smell it when Im there, when I come home I realize I reek.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic