Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair topia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chunt1023 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunt1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair topia
    Posted: July 11 2005 at 10:28pm

this product is sold on this site, it is for hair growth. has anyone had any success with it?

ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 10:36pm
It has boosted my hair growth from 1/4 inch a month to 1/2 to 1 inch a month. I have been using for 4 months and my hair started at 12 inchs, and currently is 15 1/2 inchs. So it works pretty well for me. I am currently on the 6 month subscription. My family has been noticing how fast my hair is growing, I actually have to trim my own bangs about every 3 weeks, never had to do this before. The only downsides are that you have to take 1 Vitamin 2 Amino Acids at breakfast, 1 V 2 AA at dinner, and 2 AA before bed. And then the price is about 49.00$ a month. But if you can stick to the plan and afford it, I recommend it!
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
yay i win View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yay i win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 8:04pm

Save your money! I tried it for a month, and my hair only grew 1/2 an inch. VERY average growth. And it's summer, too! Overhyped; just eat a healthy, balanced diet.

mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 9:02pm
Why won't you try Wild Growth Hair oil. Many people have tried it and it was always sucessful. If you don't belevie me go here: www.wildgrowth.com
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 5:43pm
Wow Mizzcathy... you sounds like a spokesperson for this product.  At least, you are very exuberant about it.

IMO, any oils applied to the hair will not affect the growth rate of hair.  It may (or may not) make care easier (and result in hair that is easier to manage), but it cannot affect the growth rate.

Further, IMO the only thing generally that can influence growth rate is by some change in your internal processes, including but not limited to exercise and diet.  Supplements (vitamin/mineral/herbal) ingested orally are part of your diet (by definition).  And, in my experience certain supplements have a profound effect on hair's growth rate, fallout rate, color, and health.

But, to each their own.  YMMV...

Edited by DaveDecker
yay i win View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yay i win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 2:43pm

I agree, Dave. Good advice. I figured some supplements and diet changes would improve hair growth rate and health, but color??? REALLY?? This I gotta hear.

Also, anything specific to addressing fallout rate?

I took Hairtopia vitamins last month and didn't see much difference in growth rate, but I hope it affected the fallout rate.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 12:36pm
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 12:37pm
Hou Shou Wu gets rid of Asian gray hair  Wooohoo!
my LJ, 40 inches long
yay i win View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yay i win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 3:38pm

Good articles! Good to know. Thanks!

Anais--speaking of Asian gray hair...my mom's Chinese friend told me that sesame seeds are what they traditionally eat to "keep hair black." I love that. You never know where to separate the folk lore with the legit advice, but all of it is interesting nonetheless. I found that copper/zinc study on boys' hair to be especially interesting (totally legit, too)!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic