Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does hair loss increase with length?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does hair loss increase with length?
    Posted: July 12 2005 at 8:00pm
I know this sounds like a very stupid question and it may be my imagination, but my hairs seems to fall out more the longer it gets. Is this true?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 9:08pm
No, you just notice it more because the long strands are easier to see and fill up a brush more quickly.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
hairitgoes View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairitgoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 10:16pm
Yes it does lead to hair loss in some cases. Weaker follicles can not handle the weight load of the length and therefore will break off. Think of a rubber band being stretched. I've seen many cases of women losing hair that is long, then it gets much healthier and stronger once the bulk is cut and the hair is relieved of the long hair stress. Perhaps you should consult your doctor or a professional, could be vitamin deficiency or genetics.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic