Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Well I found my passion!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well I found my passion!!!
    Posted: March 03 2005 at 9:18pm
Hey it's gonna sound crazy but after working behind a desk for 11 years as a project manager I was laid off this past November. With the job market in my old field almost non-existant on the East Coast here in New York I had to find a new career. So at 37 years old and with encouragement of family and friends I finally registered for a Cosmetology course and although it's only been 2 weeks I absolutely feel that it's my passion.

Love the people, the atmosphere, everything is great I can't wait to finish school obtain my license and work in a salon and someday open my own business. Anyway I won't ramble on about how much I am enjoying myself but I truly belive I found my passion. And I'm using my creative talents in a new way for me and really just beginning what I hope is a long, enjoyable and rewarding career move.

Cheers
Claude
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:56am

Hi Claude,

Congratulations.  So glad to hear your news.

I have to tell you that over the last 7 years I have interviewed some of the most successful hairdressers in the industry AND many of them started it as a second career.  If I had the time, I would take more cosmetology classes myself.  It is a fabulous profession.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 2:15pm
Congrats!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 6:43pm

Hi Claude,

I'm bumping this message back up in hopes you will reply to let us know how you are doing.

Passion in what you do for a living makes all the difference, no matter which profession. I wish you well! I'm doing what I love best, and it really helps to get me out of bed each day with a smile.

Pop in and let us know how it is going when you get a chance.

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 8:11pm

Congratulations

Believe me, I know what it's like to finally find my passion.  I am so happy and much...much...happiness to you too

Silver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 3:28am
Well I keep reading that hairdressers are supposed to be the happiest people in there work, I wonder why this is.
A new site for hairdressers http://www.hairdressersforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic