Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlights gone Bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
a_socalgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_socalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlights gone Bad
    Posted: July 30 2005 at 3:21pm

natural dark brown.  highlighting for years at a salon. tried to doit myself now the whole top of my head is Bright Orange and Bright Yellow!

What can I do ..I can't go out in public like this!

UPDATE!
since I posted my question I was able to get a hold of my stylist and she told me she could not see me untill monday!  I told her I have a dinner tonight and I would rather not go then show up like this.  She advised me to get an ash toner from the beauty supply, which I did.    The lady at the store helped me and explained that dyes are set up with diffirent undertone colors. to get rid of brassy orange and yellow you want a blue or violet undertone.   A toner is not a dye but is made for hair that has been bleached to bring it back to a more gentle shade of blonde.  (see how knowledgable I have become:0) 

Edited by a_socalgirl
g10tto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g10tto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 3:22pm
We have the same problem! I wish we could get help

Edit: Read my post.

Edited by g10tto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic