Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sequence Hair Blending??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sequence Hair Blending??
    Posted: August 06 2005 at 6:46pm

http://www.sequencehair.com/_home/index.html Does anyone know how this works?  I went through their website and it just says they blend a single strand at a time into your hair without glues, bonds, fusions or braids.  Whats left? 

Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 8:08pm
Not one relevant detail about the work they do on that website.  Whatever it is they do,  they are not going to give up the goods to schmoes like us!!!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:37pm
I think I read about this on the Black Media message board.  I think it's something like a hair integration topper that is attached with some kind of microring anchoring technique.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 11:10pm
Maybe similar to invisible strands?  I think that is what it was called.  ?Gina? gave a demo of that. 
Or maybe rings?  They didn't mention any ring/tube  methods as what it wasn't like.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 12:01am
seems like it was like very tiny pinchbraids..... or was that the invisible strands....ehhhh I dont know!
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:35am

I know what it is.  I have removed a lot of them.  It is a full cap integration piece.  The natural hair is anchored by means of the macrame method, I believe.  The anchoring is all threads, tiny invisible threads wrapped around the hair and looks like a dot about this size . and placed approx. 1" away from the circumference of your hairline.  Then the integration piece is sown onto those thread-dots.  My clients who used to buy from them paid $4500-$5500 for that system depending if it were Asian or European blends.

As a side note, years ago I lost clients to them because I only offered 'fashion hair' not solutions for thinning hair.  But now I offer that- Thank God- and I charge my clients $1500+

That company is also in north jersey- very wealthy area- so real estate over there are steep which explains on our price differences.

Hope this helps, Charlene

naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 11:41am

OK, I am not familiar with the full cap integration and macrame method.  I'm still learning about extensions.  Could you give me an idea of what these terms mean?

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 12:11pm

Hi-

An integration is a fishnet-like material with hair 'growing' from it.  It can be installed in various ways depending on the client's preference.  Installation methods can be threads, beads, braids, glues, macrame, etc...

Are you a stylist or a customer?

naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 12:24pm
Im in the industry, but I dont do hair (nails, if you cant tell).  Im not actually looking to get extensions myself, just doing research for a couple other people and the spa I am at.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic