Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looove Conditioner only

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looove Conditioner only
    Posted: August 04 2005 at 9:09pm
I have been reading so much on this board and you guys have awesome information.  For two weeks now I have been conditioner only and my hair is loving it.  I use the VO5 Kiwi conditioner then Nexus Keraphix.  Once a week I do the ACV rinse.  My hair is so healthy looking and my curls are nice and full and so bouncy.  I had my doubts because I thought the CO would make my hair flat and greasy but the opposite has happened.  That VO5 cond. is amazing because it acutally lathers a bit, smells great and is only 99 cents!   I still wash my hair everyday because I exercise everyday and it's been 100 degrees here everyday.
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 10:24am
I condition- wash my hair only everyday but every sunday I wash my hair with shampoo/conditioner to clean my scalp and hair.
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:56pm

I can't say enough about CO. It's not for everybody, but it works for so many hair types that ... it darn well should!  It does take a lot of adjustment time for some people but the wait was totally worth it for me. Now I CO exactly once every 7 days, with an ACV rinse each time. The trick was to use C-COW-C and gradually do away with the shampoo. Zowie this routine is marrrrrvelous

Good to hear that you like it Kimbearly

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:33pm
Sounds like the CO method works well for lots of you.  I'm tempted to try, sometime... 
eashworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:50pm
I usually shampoo/condition my hair everyday. I never have conditioned only.  Would it be better for my hair if I shampoo every other day and condition only on the other days?  What is ACV rinse? My hair is healthy, very straight and thick, but is very fine. Any suggestions would help. I am thinking of trying condtioner only on some days.
loquacious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loquacious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 3:53pm

Can someone explain the CO method to me?

Dave - your hair is AMAZING, very inspirational.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:12pm

Step by step instructions for CO are here, and we've had a few CO threads as well (one of which is here)

We've had many threads on ACV as well, one of which is here. You can find more threads by searching the word "vinegar" in the Topic Subject.

Eashworth, It seems that the less people use shampoo, the less dryness. If your proposed wash schedule works, go for it

HTH

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
loquacious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loquacious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:26pm

Many thanks, Anais I think I'll give it a try... what could it hurt?

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:41pm
Hi eashworth!  I would suggest that you wash your hair every other day,and condition it immediately after washing.  So that every other day, you do neither (give your hair a day of rest).

Nice new signature pic, Anais!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:42pm
Anais, I love your picture too and thank you so much for creating the fantastic website.  I have read it so many times it is now my hair bible.  Great job  - you saved my hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 1:24am
Awww... Thank you Kimbearly and Dave!
my LJ, 40 inches long
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:39am
I have to say that i think that AnaisSatin is one of the most helpfull people on this board. You are my biggest inspiration here 
crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:44am
i have been doing the CO also. i was surprised it didn't come out greasy.  i'm learning so much here!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 1:36pm
Thank you Vicky
my LJ, 40 inches long
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 3:18pm
Yes,i agree with kimbearly and vicky.Anais and dave have been an inspiration.Its amazing how many people here have decided to go long and stuck to it.But with pictures  of hair like anais's and dave's its no suprise.You guys have beautiful hair.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 8:04pm
Thank you, Longhairdreams, and locquacious.   You are welcome, Anais .... and thank you for all the helpful advice you give so generously.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic