Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eyelash Extensions!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyelash Extensions!
    Posted: August 07 2005 at 11:49pm
I just ran across a girl I used to work with who got eyelash extensions at the nail salon she goes to.  I've googled it but can't find much out about them other than that they are applied strand by strand with a glue......like fusion, only no heat tool or rolling.  Just dip the end of a lash in the glue and bond it to the base of a lash.  Supposedly it lasts up to 3 months or as long as the life of your lashes.  I'm just wondering what glue they use.  I'd love to try this on myself. Do you think they use something like ChrissyV?  Or maybe just regular fingernail glue?  They sell do it yourself kits, but for hundreds of dollars.  Anyone have any experience with this?
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 12:32am
Yes, I've heard of them in magazines, but I've wondered how these are these any different than the Ardell individual lashes for $2.50?  I've worn those for years, and truthfully, I wouldn't want them to stay on for 3 months...they get a little misshapen after a couple of weeks.  I'd be curious about the glue the use to.  
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 5:07am

eek, Im an eye rubber, so I would mess those up fast.  hell it kill sme when I have contacts in! *yes Ive lost them in my eye a couple of times and had to go fishing for them for over an hour*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 9:05am

I'd rock 'em!  The only reason I don't wear false lashes now is because I hate re-applying something all the time.   I just need to find out what kind of glue they use for these lashes that last up to 3 months.  I'm not paying hundreds of dollars for some elaborate "kit" when all I really need is to figure out what glue they use.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 9:23am

Please don't use just any glue for this, you may cause serious damage if you get it in your eye!

The facial girl at my work got this done and it looks awesome.  I'm not sure how long it's going to last, it's only been a week now.  She said she initially paid $100 and was told that she would have to come in every 4-5 weeks and that could cost $50 per time, so kind of pricey, but it looked good!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 9:46am
From what I understand, the glue they have been using has strong vapors and causes skin irritation around the eye area.  Now they are coming out with new glues that are less irritating, but even those can cause serious damage if it gets into the eye.   I'm just dying to know what kind of glue they use.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:00am
You can get single eyelashes plus glue in a pack plus tweezers from Sally's, these can last a couple of weeks if you don't put mascara on them and rub your eyes loads x
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:14am
I saw this at an esthetics show recently, and I did get the catalogue because I ordered some supplies from them - I'll have to dig it out when I get home, I know they have a web site.  I don't think they hed DIY kits, but they had professional kits.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:33am
Is it the same glue that you can get at Wal-Mart or any regular store?  Because that stuff gets all gummy and doesn't last through one washing.  I'm really not an eye rubber, I just want to find a glue that lasts through washing.  Now I'm very curious about this Sally's stuff.  Do you know how much it costs?  Because all the eyelash extension glue I find online is at least $50 or more.  That's why I want to figure out what exactly it's made of.  I could probably find a generic version for a lot cheaper.
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 11:23am

what the hell :|

In my salon the beauticians do individual lash extensions and they cost about £10 :S Is it different?

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 2:13pm

i have seen both bbs brand individuals glued on and the new permanent eyelash extensions.

i am not impressed with the later, we tried at my salon the bss individuals and they looked awesome and stayed on about a week, however, removing them made my eyelashes thin and some even fell out- the good news is they grow back way fast, me i like my Lancome Mascara!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 4:12pm
I use all kinds of false lashes/glues (appropriate ones)
The only ones I haven't braved yet are the true individuals.  Mostly cause I know it would take forever.  But with the 'individuals', three strands each,  and the right glue i can get mine to stay for ~3 weeks if I'm not haaving allergies and therefore rubbing my eyes.

I think in general though i like strips.  If I don't put them on in the morning then fine I have shortish lashes, but I don't have to worry about maintenance if I lose one.  I'm a big eyeliner fan anyhow, which cvers them pretty darn well.

However I kow where to get the actual individuals for approx the same cost as the 'individuals' and strips and can't imagine actually paying $100 for them when I can put them on myself for like $5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 8:29pm

DELIN..........

How long do those Ardell individuals last?  And do you use the lashtite adhesive or the other kind (I forgot it's name)?

ultraviolent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultraviolent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 12:41am
I think you  might be talking about "Everlash"  semi permanent eyelash "extensions".   I had them done here (Canada)  and it cost me about  $65.00 . They use an unusually strong eyelash glue (the fumes stung my eyes horribly) and  they're supposed to last about  2-3 weeks, and then you get them "filled" or a new set re-applied. I believe the glue is made in germany. I've tried to find it on ebay, without any luck, as getting it done in a salon seems to be a waste, especially if you're a picker/fiddler. Their site is www.everlash.com
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 1:31am
I wouldn't pay for that!! I apply individual Ardell brand ones alot on my clients, and myself , but I always tell them they will only last a few days, maxx. I use the last-lite ashesive and it's pretty strong!   I love falsies!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic