Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WaWa Care...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WaWa Care...?
    Posted: August 12 2005 at 10:55pm
Can someone remind me how to handle the Wawa thermal? I cant remember what type of products and care worked best on the Wawa? I installed a head full of it last night and it looked like CRAP today. I think I used the wrong products right from the beginning this morning in the shower and styling. I ended up putting it in a braid and going to work like that today!
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 6:40am

sherrie did u use straight or bodywave? i found that the straight didnt really need any products.

just needed a good brush every so often as it gets that really 'hard' way.

what products have u used on it so far?

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 7:20pm
I used a little silicone spray.  or Flasher.  But very light similar to with PH.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 8:05pm
I used regular shampoo in the shower and didnt condition it. Then I sprayed on just a touch of the Dome spray on it wet....and it just looked and felt crappy as heck. It looked and felt 'wiggy' like a synthetic wig. I just put it in a ponytail today cause I was running late so I didnt do much with it today, althought I did figure out how to style it last night.I thought I knew all about this WAWA until I got it on my head and I went brain dead and cant remember sh*t! I like my loose curls, and had to 'learn' how to create the curl that I like. It definitely took a bigger iron to get the curl that I usually wear. The curl doesnt loosen like HH. So first I got the curl WAY too tight and trying to get it to loosen wasnt gonna happen! I had to flat iron it back out! I found out instead of my 5/8 iron I had to use my 1 &1/2 iron to create the same curl. The nice thing is the curl stays...even through washing! YIPPY!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 8:38pm
I think the WA Wa is inconsistent.  The Wa Wa that I had wouldn't curl at all, no matter what the heat setting was.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 9:51pm

Have to curl it WET.....and hold it for about 30 seconds. Then the curl has to cool in the curled position. I careful take it off the curling iron without unwinding and clip the curl until cool.

Heres a quickie picture...Ill post full install details tomorrow! Only one side curled just trying to get the hang of styling the wawa...LOVE the CURL

Edited by sherrie215
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic