Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair
    Posted: August 12 2005 at 3:54pm

I wish i had posted these earlier...  I got my hair done by Kris topher last thursday and these pictures were taken the day after.  I would have taken the pictures the same day but I got sick that night and it wasnt pretty =\  Let me start by telling you how sad sad sad i am to hear about kris's passing.  Im sure anyone that had the pleasure of meeting him will be mortified of this news, and ive only known him for 6-7 hours?  First off before going to my appointment as you all know I messed up taking my bonded wefts out...the glue would not come out!  I got so frustrated that i just fell asleep with wet hair!!! as you can imagine when i woke up the next morning my hair was MATTED together with glue... i was hysterical.  I called up kris and he still agreed to see me that day, basically saved my ass by patiently cutting the matts out of my hair and using whatever he could to get the rest of it out of my hair.  Then he gave me the most wonderful hair I could have hoped for.  I actually learned a lot about him in that short time period because he was that kind of person that was open and liked to tell you a lot of stuff.  We talked about everything from his weirdly cool music, kickass apartment, harry potter, his brother, his friends, roomate, his significant other and how you shouldnt give up when you find someone!, nyc, how he loved heather to do his hair, how he liked to travel, how i liked the glow of the sun off his orange walls, to how he was starting to feel old because his birthday was coming up (how sad is that  )  the best way to sum him up is one of those people that you meet and are immediatly attracted to them mentally and physically, but you immediately banish the thought out of your head because your SURE about 500 other people are thinking that same damn thing.  i remember when he was doing my hair a friend called him and asked him to come over that she had one of his favorite beers for him, and i remember him telling me how touched he was that she remembered him telling her he didnt drink hard liquor anymore and that she remembered what he liked. OR that when I was INCREDIBLY late for my appointment because we got lost a million times going to new york city and he said to me that he was afraid i wouldnt ever come back cause nyc is such a pain in the ass and apoligized to ME. I was like wait isnt this backwards?? I can't say i knew him but the impression i got from him when he did my hair was just so awesome i was so excited i told him your going to do my hair from now on! and he just laughed and said he didnt have a problem with it.  well i could go on and on for a while but just wanted to let you guys get a chance to see my hair... 

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 4:28pm
OMG!! I got sooo sad reading your post....I also had an
experience where my colorist of 7 years died....so unexpected. I
think about him alot. So this brought up alot of memories....so
sad.....I think he sounds like an complete doll. At least you and
Merguthrie had the pleasure to know him and I'm sure he will
be sadly missed by all.

Your hair is Beautiful!! You look like a little doll !!

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 10:53pm

HE would be very touched all that u remembered and shared about him.

As hairdressers we talk all day, and your right, sometimes you get someone who u just click with, in fact all my clients i click with in different ways. I totally love that, to talk all day and hear and share and make people beautiful all day~ what a priviledge and blessings!

I am sure he touched so many lives and he will be greatly missed from one professional to another-

Rest in peace Kris, sure wish i would of known u too!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 5:42am
That looks wonderfull Lucky! It is just so sad. Not to long ago I hit on the link he had and spent way to much time reading all the notes pepole had writen him. He had so many freinds!
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 8:36am

MArie what link did he have?

Luckie you hair looks AMAZING, did you use plastikhaar?

Yes, you can see why I loved him, huh? One of my friends was apologetic and I told her how sad I was that she never got to meet him. (She was going to go to the city one of these times when I got my hair done)  I felt like she was missing out by his passing. He really was a delight.

YOUR HAIR LOOKS AMAZING, I love the way he cut it, did you ask for it like that?

i love plastikhaar
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 9:00am
yup this is plastikhaar, which im so glad i used cause its so great.  I asked him specifically for a 'V' cut with lots of layers and he happily razored away.  I like this cut a lot because you get the look of long hair without the weight of the ends.  Plus on a side note this is only 2 bags of hair, we decided to use a less amount the first time and then when i got used to it use more next install if i wanted too.  thanks for the compliments : )
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 10:48am
Merguthrie, He did post here before Right? I am prety sure I have the right person as there arn't to many men on this site. He had a link like yours to plastikhaar and it was about extension stylist in NY. there were only about 4 on the page. If you clicked on them it sent you to a blog of sorts and all kinds of mesages from friends and info about them selfs.It was very interesting in a voyeristic kind of way. I can't find it now though.
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 10:53pm
That install is brilliant.  I love the pink bits,  the color perfectly complements your skin.  I'd love to be doing work like that, edgy but right on.Cheers to Topher
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic