Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stalling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stalling
    Posted: August 13 2005 at 11:06am
I think my hair is stuck at 24" for the moment it seems to have been that length for a while.  I hope it is not at full potential.  I would like at least another foot.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 1:27pm

No way! It will DEFINITELY grow more since you're taking good care. When the resting phase passes, your hair will be up and running again.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 7:48pm
I agree. Give it some time and in the meantime enjoy your 2 feet of hair. If there's a style or updo you've been having trouble with now is a good time to practise so when it does start getting longer you'll be ready.

It's kinda like first you practise playing the video game and get really good and then the guy in the fancy car / spaceship comes and says, "Now you're ready for longer hair and while you're at it would you like to save the universe?"
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 12:21pm

Thanks for the support guys,  although do you know how long it stops growing for? 

Thanks Star

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 1:50pm
Shouldn't be too long to wait.

Think of it this way. Hair might average 6 inches per year but let's take that out to 2 years and 12 inches.

You now have a lot of time to grow and a lot of time to not grow and still get those 12 inches.

January .5
F 1.0
M .75
A .5
M .25
J 0
J 0
A 0
S 0
O 0
N 1
D 1
January .5
F 1.0
M .75
A .5
M .25
J .5
J 0
A .5
S .5
O .5
N 1
D 1
______

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 5:35pm
Yeah but whats the real chances of it growing 1 inch a month??  .....not likely.....
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by The Last Starfighter The Last Starfighter wrote:

I think my hair is stuck at 24" for the moment it seems to have been that length for a while.  I hope it is not at full potential.  I would like at least another foot.

How often do you trim your hair, how much do you get trimmed, and who does the trimming?

(I am inclined to agree with AmberJune in that variations in hair growth rate tend to be much more muted.)
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 2:40pm
I'm sure your hair will grow more.  Mine has been "stuck" at various lengths before and it's always picked up again after awhile.  I think the longest I ever waited was about 6-8 weeks.  Hair just goes through dormant phases sometimes, that's all. 
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic