Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weft/Extendtube questions!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EmilyStrange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyStrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weft/Extendtube questions!
    Posted: August 15 2005 at 7:51am

Hello, I'm a bit of a newbie but I've been reading A LOT of posts and into about the various extension methods over the past couple of months.

I've decided to do a weft install using extendtubes on my hair, but I'll be doing it myself so I have a few questions first!

1)I've experimented with clip-ins in the past, and noticed that they seem to have 2 or more layers of weft sewn together.. When installing wefts with glue or extendtubes, do you just use single wefts and do more rows?  Or do you still need to double them up first?  (I hope that made sense)

2)Is there a way to put wefts in the hair using extentubes other than this method - http://www.drlocks.net/linkiestrack/index.htm ?  For example, would it work to just take a piece of hair from above the weft, and a piece from below it, and lock them together?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.  Thankyou ladies :)

Edited by EmilyStrange
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:35am
Its exactly the same as extentubes chick xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyStrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:41am
Thanks, but what is exactly the same?  x
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:52am
ES, quite some time ago someone on this board put in wefts using that exact idea that you are thinking of....from my memory it think it worked out fine
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:58am
Linkes are more or less the same as extentubes x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyStrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 6:20pm

Oh I know linkies are the same as extendtubes, I'm just wondering if there's an easier method than the drlocks one for using them to install wefts, as that one would be a bit fiddly to do myself. 

Can anyone enlighten me about the 1st question?  ie- how many layers of weft to use for each row?

Thankyou :)

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:35pm

When I do my wefts, I like to get a lot of hair on 4 tracks, so I think I double or triple each row.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic