Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

researching new installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: researching new installation
    Posted: August 15 2005 at 4:58pm

I have been doing alot of research trying to find a cheaper, quicker installation method for a while now. When I first saw Extendmagic I thought that was a good idea but it costs about $600-$700 for some plastic. When I first saw GL and their new compression machine on their homepage, I thought, why don't I just find out who manufactures all these different machines and invent my own? So I keep plugging away hoping to find something and one site leads to another and another til I'm blinded. I'm sure there are plenty of you out there that have done this research, I know I'm not the first!

I was going to wait until I composited a huge list, but I wanted to share a website with you all and see what you think. I was at the dentists today and when I got home I thought I'd research dental glue and found a couple of interesting machines.

http://www.kerrlab.com/laboratory/products/injectomatic/inde x.cfm

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 8:42pm

Where did you find your info on the Extend Magic? 

I have been corresponding back and forth with the inventor, Dr. Myun Lee.  I even spoke to him on the phone and he was able to answer all my questions about the system.  Right now they are all sold out of the Extend Magic, but he just emailed me to say there will be a new and improved version ready to ship out at the end of this month, and you better believe I'll be buying one. 

Cybermane has already purchased an Extend Magic machine.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 9:15pm

Funny I to have been incontact with himtoo! Nice man huh

Dose she like it ? Hows the removal. On the down load he sent me it looked very easy

Edited by marie87
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 10:27pm
ok, I am a little confused.  What would you use a hot wax injector for?  I understand how it can be used in the dental field, but hair extentions???  I must have missed something.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 1:41am
 i too am a little confused as to its application in the estension field. were you thinking of using it to inject hot fusion glue? thats all i can think of!
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 4:25am
Can someone explain what the extend magic is? xx
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 6:35am

I'm just researching different application methods and that's just one example of some of the different tools I found interesting that resembled the Great Lengths new compression system that has not come out yet. As to what to put in? Fusion? Not sure yet, that's why it's called research! I'm just looking at different manufacturing companies because all these companies (Xtendmagic,etc.) had to have someone assemble their ideas. I do have a very imaginative mind and I am always trying to invent things, start businesses, anything for an adventure. That website has glue and makeup real cheap too!

I've been emailing the extendmagic guy too! I wish I had a better understanding of it. I can't quite figure out how it works but I'm interested in it as well. I saw it on Cybermane's website. (great website!) I was going to email her and ask her how she likes it but just haven't got around to it.

Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 11:42pm
I have no clue what you're talking about?...... How does this make it easier??? What is it all about???
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 8:37am

Chris, I don't even have an idea what I'm talking about. I'm just reasearching different POSSIBLE extension application systems. Here is the site on GL with their different apparatus.

http://www.greatlengths.net/gl_www/home.php?idioma=ingles

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 12:25pm
hmm, that looks interesting. im starting to see the direction youre heading. it looks like a very easy application, and of course much faster.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 5:22am
Bryan, ya my mind is not an easy place to be, very confusing at times, even for me. I do have a difficult time explaining things but I'm glad you understood, even if you barely understood! I'll wait to figure out what I'm concocting before I post so not to confuse everyone! Sorry guys!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 12:02pm
So hasn't GL being promoting this thing for like a year without it actually coming out?

You know with the right mold that thing(kerr) could be the perfect way to make consistent beautiful pretips also.  You'd need the right glue but yeah.  I had thought about a mold for pretips at some point but thought you'd need somethinglike this machine with its needle to make that owrk smoothly.

I wonder how much a custom injection mold costs?
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 2:28pm

Yes Mocha, GL has it advertised and it hasn't come out to the public.

And I'm looking into pretip machines too, and so is Octman (Octavia) We were discussing this the other day.

When I was looking online for different factories to help me, wouldn't you know, there's a place not far from where I live. Will keep you posted.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic