Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reinforcing wefts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EmilyStrange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyStrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reinforcing wefts?
    Posted: August 17 2005 at 5:05pm

I'm sure I remember reading about people reinforcing machine wefts to prevent shedding but I did a search and didn't find much. 

So to anyone who has done this - what did you use?  I think I remember gel nail glue being mentioned somewhere... Does the glue dry hard or would it still be flexibile?

Thankyou for any help x

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 9:58pm

To reinforce my wefts, I sometimes zig zag stitch over the tops a few times with the sewing machine.

Nail glue does work very well, but I think it does make the weft top kind of hard, but it still has some flexibility. 

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 4:04pm
I remember reading that if you use nail glue GEL, it still stay pliable.  I bought some, but forgot to try it.  Maybe tonight I will, I'll let you know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyStrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 8:32am

Thankyou :) 

I looked all over town yesterday for nail glue but couldn't find any of the 'gel' kind. 

Anyone have any thoughts on whether a gel-based superglue might work?  Do you think it would withstand washing?

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 8:52am
I found mine at Sally's.  I paid about $4.00 for it.  I would think that super glue gel would be work the same, as it is the same stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyStrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 8:55am
Ah thankyou, I wasn't sure if it was the same thing or not.  Unfortunately there's no Sally's in the UK :(
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 9:04am
I did an internet search about a month ago looking for the the differences in the nail glue and super glue, I found a "glue" website that listed all the ingredients and the flash point and yada yada yada, anyways, they are the same compound.  So I would assume the gel would be the same also.  I still haven't tried reiforcing mine, but I am going to try this weekend.  I will let you know how it goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic