Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loving your hair? I hope so!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loving your hair? I hope so!!
    Posted: August 18 2005 at 10:17am
I still remember in the 6th grade how my hair was badly made fun of. I wasn't the only girl with african american hair. But I ws the only one who had "nappy, kinky, and bad" hair. I was made fun of for my looks and my hair. "nappy head, her hair is so nappy, it's too short, it's ugly, it stinks, she has no hair, I'll pull it all off, etc. Home wasn't safe either. The moment after my aunt freshly washed my hair, she would grab the blow dryer and burn my scalp and hair. She doesn't know how it damages because she had curly hair. So one day she saw my ends literally burn off and my scalp was pretty red. The brisles of the brush were burned off also and they turned orange. So did she learn her lesson yet? nope. I also remmber how the chlorine damaged my hair too. It was breaking in the middle. But when I got into the 7th grade, everything changed. My hair got major cut, it was shinier, healthier and I learned to wash and blow dry my own hair. Learning the right way to blow dry my hair was important to me because I don't wanna follow my aunt's footsteps. I waited for my hair to at least half-way dry so I wouldn't break any hair, I applied heat protectent, and I went eaisily with my hair when i blowed dryed. Now my hair was looking alot better then it had before. I also knew it was a lot healthy too. Now today I love my hair. I don't care if my hair is "nappy" or not. It's hair and what my mom told me was that hair is not what makes you- you!
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 2:13pm

If a person doesn't love their hair, that makes it harder to love themselves.  so Cathy, You go girl! 

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 2:20pm
Thanks Anais, Hugs to you too!
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by mizzcathy mizzcathy wrote:

Now today I love my hair.

Most important thing, Cathy!
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 10:54am
yea i know a girl who is really dark skinned and she wrote a four page letter on how she hates herself for being black. she wrote on how she plans to be a model but she won't be one. She wrote why: "people at school call me blacky and I think i deserve to be called this because I am really black. Why can't I be light skinned like *name* and *name*??" i don't remember all of it but it was really haertbreaking and she had low-self esteem.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 12:40pm
Thats awfull! I guess everyone has things that they are not happy about, but when it comes to things like that it's just bad and sad! 

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 4:41pm
I'm glad you came to the conclusion that you are beautiful no matter what.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic