Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MA stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MA stuff
    Posted: August 12 2005 at 8:49pm

Hi everyone,

Been off line recovering from more hand stuff  

feeling somewhat better, what is happening in MA?? a party?? a HAIR party??

what are the details?

I am in Western MA, but love to drive

Let me know

Octavia

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 9:08pm

Hey octman, hope your hand's OK.

Someone online (joginny) was looking for assistance with installation so I told her that I would assist since she's from MA too and not far from me. mochachip doesn't live far either so we decided to have a hair get together at my house. The invitation is open for anyone on the board. Now we're waiting to hear back from goginny to find out when she wants her hair done. Are you available only on weekends or are you available during the week? I have a fenced in yard, so if you have a dog, bring em along. I have a small energetic dog. The beach is a stones through (private) and the main beach is a five minute drive.

Let me know when your available. What town do you live in? Your more than welcome to stay over. It should be fun, of course I'll have plenty of food.

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 10:12pm

Man, I am living in the wrong state!!!  I want a hair party!!! 

Anybody in East TX???

octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2005 at 10:32pm

Food is good.

I am in a horrible hair mess....been wearing a wig for a few weeks, when I could not deal with the RK hair that I ordered any longer Been thinking for the stitch and wear by BJ - basic cornrows, but instead of weft hair is attached in wig form..,I think...shrinkies are great, but I have problem with the plastic showing as much as it does. I'm really hard on my extensions..

It is WAY to hot for a wig right now...I usually love the warm weather...hate the winter....but enough is enough...anyway,

my schedule for Aug is somewhat flexible...I am on call this weekend coming up, but home this wed,thursday....I usually work three days on and one week night ( always tuesday) This week looks the best, but could manage one day next week sometime also.

I have way too many dogs, but maybe I will bring one along for the ride. She needs to get out more. That is great that you offered to host a hair party, maybe we can rotate every other month or so!!

I live by Springfield, between Easthampton/holyoke on the lower side of Mt. Tom. ( do you know western MA at all??) In Sept I am flying home for my sisters wedding...( back to foggy SF...love the fog, miss the ocean) I need to do something before then~!

let me know as soon as possible, either here or email.

THANKS!!!

Octavia

GOT ART???
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 5:48pm

Hi Octavia, sorry I'm just getting back to you, I just did three 12's in a row and my back is junk!

Come on over Wednesday then. That's one of the worst feelings in the world when your inbetween installations wearing a wig. Can I ask what color you are? (hair)  What length? I have PH in brown and reds,  HH (various)  DocLocs clear shrinkies, Amms black and clear shrinkies, LG glue, Kristens fusion chips, Loctite adhesive, epoxy, elmers glue, rubber cement, craft glue, gorilla glue, proclaim white and black, nail glue, super glue, mounting tape, brown thread, needles, snap clips for clip ons, threader, glue gun, Doc's wand, threader and LG remover and acetone.

Yes I've been to Longmeadow before, long time ago. Very nice place.

Only one problem (not a biggy) but the fence guys are coming in the am so one side of the fence will be down but I could always block it off so the dogs will be able to run outside until they put it back up. It shouldn't take them long anyways. Oh, bring all your dogs if you want! Even if nobody can come Wednesday, we'll hook up so I can do your hair. Now remember I'm not a hairdresser! I don't know cornrows but I did experiment with a few pinchbraids on myself and it wasn't hard. Whatever it takes, we'll get your hair installed if we have to duck tape it!

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 10:37pm

Man, you've got the goods!!  Ever think of going retail???  j/k

Have fun and post pics!!!

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 6:39am
gsmille, I've only just begun my obsession/conmpulsive hair supply stash. Texas is just a stones throw away, we'll pick you up at the airport!
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:56am

WOW you do have everything!!

Lets see, my hair is ( besides being a mess) is about 3 -4" long. Kind of frizzy in a curly type of way - sometimes. After wearing this wig, it seems to want to go straight frizz, instead of curly frizz. :)

Brownish red,ashy brown,red at roots. I wear a wet wave or deep wave normally - look really stupid with straight hair.- too long of a face :)

I have a bunch of different hair - from RK, to Beverely Johnson ( love the curl that the deep wave has - some in weft form, some loose, some with glued ends. I just bought soem Toyokalon bulk deep wave - lenght is great I want long and I could not find long in real hair, so I would like to try some of this for the lenght - I am open to suggestions!

What can I bring...besides a carload of dogs. If it is really humid tomorrow, I will leave the bulldog, as she does not do well with heat - the mastiffs will love the beach! Food? Beer? wine?? Soda?? Water?? DESSERTS????

Tave

GOT ART???
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 11:46am
I'll stop at the store on my way home tonite. I don't drink anything except coffee, H20. No booze anyways. But feel free to bring yourself some beer. I'll have soda and food. And bring hair supplies,hair and that's about it. I'll PM you with the details.
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 2:56pm

I'll be waiting at the airport

Better bring lots of food for those Mastiff's, I'm sure they're HUGE!!

octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 1:01am

THAT WAS FUN!!

Great Hostess!!! Great Beach!!! LONG LONG drive home, but finally made it!

Octavia

GOT ART???
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 4:03pm
ok, where are the pics????
Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 2:06pm

I am so sorry I missed the party.  I have been trying to gain some additional length before my install.  I think I may be at a good length now (about 4 ").  I am going to post (looking for best quality human hair xxxlong - suggestions are welcome. 

Please post some pics of your new install.  Your about the same length as me.

I will PM once I receive my hair and we can schedule a day - ok?

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 5:13pm

There are no pics yet. Although we got together last week, we didn't do Octavia's hair on that day. We are doing the installation tomorrow, Tuesday, and Mochachip is going to come also. We will take pictures of Octavia and Mocha's new installs.

Goginny, come over anyways even if your hair hasn't arrived and we can always make a plan for the next time. I have some PH I'm not using your more than welcome to. (it's beautiful too!) You can also see different brands of hair that we all have. That might help you to make your decision on what would be best for you. Also I need a guniea pig for my new method I've been working on. It's seamless, no detection at all, easy quick installation, no machinery or glue guns, no heat, no braiding. It's perfect for the sides and top of your hair. I just put a small section in my hair and it's in there but good and you can't even tell. Of course I have no idea how it wears and how long it stays, but if it takes, then I'm getting this baby patented! I'm going to wash it and see how that takes. I'm just going to keep on experimenting. If you don't come tomorrow, then just PM me and we'll set up another time. No problem.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 5:40pm
Oh Im jealous...wish I could join you girls. Sounds like it will be alot of fun!
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 7:40pm

Should I be waiting at the airport again????

Have fun, and take lots of pics!!!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 7:53pm
okay ladies, my technical troubles still abound,(I have literally spent 10 hours on the phone with dell today, after THEY broke my computer this morning)
But hair troubles are about to be over.
For those who care/find it relevant: I am taking out the top two traacks here in a minute and dying the top of my head tonight. 
Tomorrow I will bring my hair to put back in and my malaysian loc supplies, LG, a heat wand, some PH, and my camera.

Please leave me a message in this thread or by PM if I have overlooked something obvious or you need me to bring shrinkies or?????(no later than 7am eastern since traffic rocks!!!)

Do any of you girls want me to bring "fancy colors"? I have plenty but I was pretty sure we're all going with the natural look this time around.

My excitement requires containment.  Hopefully you'll see me bouncing up to the door tomorrow morning!

:)al
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic