Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

September Measure In Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September Measure In Thread
    Posted: September 01 2005 at 1:09am
For those who are measuring here's the thread for it.

Mine is
I measured about 4 times and I have at least 32.5" each time.
August 1st I was getting 33" and on August 20th I trimmed at least 1"

The only thing I'm sure of is that I did a whole inch with the trim.
So for now I'll call it 32.5"
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 4:44pm

The longest layers touch the hip bone in the back, when I comb all the waves straight. I measure using pictures and not numbers, so here goes.....

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 11:03pm
      Last time I checked it was almost 24" and it seems longer although I am not going to measure untill  October or November So I can have some good progress at least I hope.  Hope everyone else's hair is healthy and loooooong.  Too bad for the gas prices.
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 11:19am
Oh almost forgot, Anais your hair looks excellent keep up the good work.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 10:37am

Thanks TLSF!

I hope others are measuring/"measuring" too! It's still September.....

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 12:05pm
Anais, your hair is looking wonderful and growing fast!

On topic, I haven't had my hair measured recently, but maybe within the next few weeks...
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 12:13pm
How do my fellow wavy/curly-heads measure, pull it straight?  Measure when wet? 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 12:39pm
Good question, Delenn.  I don't know what the "protocol" is for wavy/curly hair, but I would imagine that you do whatever you can to get the most accurate and consistent measurements.  Meaning, probably wet and combed out.  At least, that's how I see it.
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 8:24am
Hmmm I'll have to experiment.  I always just eyeballed my progress but I like the measuring idea.
yeahyeahyeah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeahyeahyeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 10:00pm
Well, this is my first measure in and my hair is at 16 and 1/2 inches.  I think I may have measured early august and it was 15 and 3/4.  So 3/4 of an inch is pretty good for a months growth i'd say!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah yeahyeahyeah wrote:

Well, this is my first measure in and my hair is at 16 and 1/2 inches.  I think I may have measured early august and it was 15 and 3/4.  So 3/4 of an inch is pretty good for a months growth i'd say!

yeahyeahyeah it is!
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 5:58pm

Delenn-- what Dave said is right.  My hair is slightly wavy so I just measure it after I get out of the shower and comb it a little.

As for my September measurement... I'm at 26.75".  I'll be able to fake waist length at 27" and actually be waist length at 27.5".

I'm excited.

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 3:03pm
be waist length at 27.5! lucky you i'm at 30 something and it's only just started to be called waist length...
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 5:57am

OK...well if your hair is curly/wavy you can still measure it when it's dry.  Here is what I do:  put the end of the tape measure at your hair line and drape it back over your head, then grab the tape and gently pull your hair until it's straight against the tape and then let go and grab the tape again at the place where you pulled the hair and repeat until you reach the end of your hair. You would have worked your way down the tape measure as you were pulling your hair and so you should get a pretty accurate measure of it's true length.  

That actually sounds complicated, but it's not at all. Just a little hard to explain in writing!   On second thoughts.....why not just wet it and comb it out straight?   Mind you, my hair still springs up when wet.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 7:06pm
Wet hair stretches so you could end up with results that are longer than reality. Slightly damp is still not accurate but is better than soaking wet.

I gave up trying to reach back and grab the tape so I just take pictures with tape on the tape measure now. I just couldn't get the same number twice. Now I'll just check to see if it appears to be past a certain inch mark. I've been growing for off and on for 11 years so I'm not in a hurry. My next goal is only a few months away if I stop trimming as much.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic