Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lucy Liu...Short!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucy Liu...Short!!!!!
    Posted: September 06 2005 at 10:44am

Watching Entertainment Tonight last night, they interviewed Lucy on the set of her new film, in which she plays a vampire. I was startled when I saw her, because she was sporting a bob that fell roughly mid way between the chin and shoulders. It had a fair amount of volume, curled into loose, fat, spiral type curls. I could tell right away it wasn't a wig, but thought it was artfully pinned up in a "faux-bob", as seen recentlly on Jessica Simpson and Carmen Electra. My first thought was "yikes", good thing it's just up. I was wrong.

When asked about her new do, Lucy just sort of shrugged and said it was "all right", and said it seems to be "lower maintenance now that all the length is gone".

Imo, bad. Really, really, bad. On the up side, there are no longer bangs, which I also didn't like on her, but that is the niceist thing I can say about it. Hate it.

I thought Lucy used to have one of the greatest heads of hair in the business. Well, not anymore.

I've searched the usual pic links, to no avail. I'm sure well get to see pics soon...

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 10:52am
Hopefully it should straighten out to be longer. Still OMFG why? She managed to kill off the bangs ages ago.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 11:02am

Didn't she have some kind of bob in Chicago too? Sounds like maybe it was just for the movie and will probably grow back thicker and better than ever.

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 11:50am
With any luck.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 4:38pm
Please no photos of the haircut. I don't want to see any. Ever.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 5:24pm

"insert Queen soundtrack"

Another one bites the dust...

Haven't even seen the pic yet...but certainly a huge improvement.

My two cents.

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Hairdude02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairdude02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 6:01pm
For those who are interested, there is a small photo and short video interview with Lucy Liu under the celebrity section of the Entertainment Tonight website. They both show off her short haircut.  www.etonline.com
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 7:27pm
I, for one, absolutely love the cut. But then again, I've been trying to banish my hair blues for a while now..
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 7:53pm
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/movies/etsid058290012058/

I got that from another site. I think this would bring you right to it. It's a sad day.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 8:02pm

Sorry folks, here's a picture

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/movies/etsid058290012058/

I think it's kind of cute.

HAWG
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 9:07pm
It is cute. Everyone needs to change now and again.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 12:17am

You like cute? I love luscious! And i've lost that lovin' feeling.

http://jett.girl.tripod.com/lucy.html

By the way, how can all that curling and/or rollers (do they still use them?) be low-maintenance?

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 3:46am
I agree the new cut is cute, but I agree with Kramer. The long hair was her trademark. 
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 7:22am

I love it love it.  I think she looks cute with a lil bob....she is stunning anyways no matter what her hair looks like.  The long hair was gorgeous but just very stereotypical for oriental hair-I like it!.

x

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 3:24pm

"Cute", yes, but Lucy loses about half her allure with this look. I thought her long layers were kinda sloppy looking, but superior to this, IMO. Unfortunately, I have noticed that about 80% of Asian women wear their hair this length. They have such wonderful hair, but the choppy bobs most have deaccentuate this major potential beauty feature.

Bob

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 4:25pm
Where do you get that figure from, Bob? Don't think that 80% of Asian women "wear their hair this length" at all. I'd say, the majority wear it pretty long!
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 3:37am

I remember in some interview at least 5 years ago Lucy was on Letterman or Leno and got into the topic of her long hair.

She explained that when she was very young her mother made her keep her hair short, and when she got on her own, her way of rebelllion was to grow it long.

She went on to explain and I cant remember how short her mom made her keep it, but Lucy said she dreaded goign out it was so short and her mother would cut her hair herself and as lucy described , because her mom had an asian accent would say to her with her accent "Long hair looks messy, looks better short and neat, short and neat"

I remember this interview because the crowd laughed when Luct kept imitating her mother's voice and the phrase "Short and neat"

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 3:47pm
 Where do you live, Fat? In NE Pa., I see many Asians, and I work with several. I almost said 90%! (lol), but in any case it's not scientific! All I know is that I *love* seeing Asian gals with long locks, and there ain't many around here. Best, Bob
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 3:57pm
Get your point, Bob. But don't believe that the majority of Asian gals are to be found in NE Pa. In Bahrain, where I am, most of them like to keep it long.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:59am

The valedictorian of my high school class was also my prom date and she had waistlength hair. Now, years later, it's up to her shoulders. How would she figure into your calculations?

For you guys to stereotype a certain race of people and the length of their hair is not only politically incorrect and ridiculous, it's borderline racist.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic