Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

360spinna’s - 360Waves 101

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360spinna’s - 360Waves 101
    Posted: September 20 2005 at 12:19am
Originally posted by slickjoe slickjoe wrote:

I just got a hair cut should i use murray at first or something light

for real short hair cuts i suggest you try using something like carrot cream, shea butter, pink lotion or a regular hair grease like softee or blue magic.

since your hair is short you don't really need to used pomade cause pomades are more effective the longer your hair is. when i use to use pomade i would wait until my hair grew to the point my scalp wasn't visible or until my hair was the length of a dark ceasar and then use pomade cause at that point is when my hair would start to really curl and need some help holdin it down.

so i suggest to you to try using carrot cream, shea butter, pink lotion or a regular hair grease like softee or blue magic when your hair is real short and when you hair start to thicken up or get a lil nappy or a lil out of control cause thats when pomade is most effective

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by scurlboy scurlboy wrote:

ok, my left side is kind of connecting to my top, but right side of my head is messedup. the hairs are sticking up and shi* i tried to pomade it down but it didnt help.like even if i brush for a long period pomade then durag, when i take it off they still stickup, any help? ive tried carrot creme, etc... o yeah, i use nu nile, and black orchid curl activator

a few things you can try that might help:

1. spray you hair and/or du-rag with water and then put it on.
2. brush that side more with a soft brush, soft brushes helps your hair lay down and smooths things out.
3. try sjays 2 du-rag meth.
4. if  our hair is really long it might be time for a haircut/trim
5. im running out of ideas
6. spritz it
7. comb your hair out for a couple of minutes to detangle your hair then brush it down and du-rag it.
8. i'll think of something else later

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 9:47am
Originally posted by wrote:

how do I get vgizzles waves?

Most people really like his waves and wish they could have his waves but the truth is unless you have the same hair texture as vigizzle and brush the way he does, your not going to get his type of waves. I seen his method and there's nothing special about it.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 9:43am

I got kind of straight hair. Its not nappy or coarse but kind of curly when its longer. Can I get waves with my hair?

What you will have to do is grow your hair out long, till its about a inch and the brush as much as possible whenever you have free time. Use a soft or medium brush. And use either scurl 360 pomade or a scurl wave activator to help your hair curl more.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 9:37am

I been in the wave game for a while now, I want to know how to brush to get 360 degree waves. I been trying for a whil but they are not coming in the way I see some of the other dudes.

The main way to brush to get your 360waves flowing right is to brush your top forward, your back downward, and your sidesat a angle.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 7:00am

what's better natural waves or kitted waves?

Natural waves look better, feel better, and you hair is in better condition.

When you use kits you can possibly damage your scalp causing hair loss, and burn your hair. Kits are not healthy for hair even if its done rite. Take my advice this is one shortcut you don't want to try.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by pusha21 pusha21 wrote:

Was at this low budget store today it was kinda like a big lots. Dey black hair product section was off da chain I was surprised too. But ne ways I coped some new ish today its by hollywood beauty n they make some pretty good products so i figured it would b good here it is.

Has ne one tried this? Off the bat theres a difference between carrot n oilve creme n it the texture of it. it not light like them it feels like doo gro. n theres no petroleum n it either it got coco butter n it i think thats what makes it thicker than the others.Iiight so ova the next few days i'll tell yall how it goes. Hopefull I like it cause im not wastin this stuff ima use it regardless cause the stuff n it is good fa ya hair ne ways
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by youngcity youngcity wrote:

carrot cream, should i use alot or a little carrot cream when i brush my hair

you dont need a lot, just enough to keep your hair moist while brushing, and when it starts to dry add more and continue to brush.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by the reason the reason wrote:

What do I  to get deeper waves.

1. Stop getting frequent haircuts.
2. Grow your hair out as long as you posibly can(for atleast 6-7weeks or till your hair is over a inch).
3. Continue to brush daily.
4. Depending on your hair texture and as you hair gets longer you might need to change the type of brush you need to use(from soft to a harder brush).

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 10:18pm

ima bout to try to cut my own hair can someone show me witch direction to cut it.

there is to ways to cut your hair, 1 is with the grain and the other is against the grain. the direction you want it to be cut is all up to you. i cut my hair against the grain, and there is nothing wrong with that(look at my pics, those are all ATG cuts). most people who have waves are afraid to get their hair cut against the grain cause they think they gonna lose their waves(my pics are proof that that myth is only a myth, theres no truth to it).  personally i think ATG is better than WTG. but thats all up to you.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 4:16pm

how do i learn to cut my hair i think i just fu/k my hair line up give me some tips and other things i should o    ps only peole that no how to cut hair resond her  

SJAY'S RESPONSE
Originally posted by sjay sjay wrote:

learning to cut ur own hair takes practice. so if ur cutting ur hair for the first time for a special event, i suggest u get ur hair cut by sum1 who knows wut they are doing. as long as u have the clip gaurd on, u should be able to cut ur hair pretty evenly all around. tapering and fades take practice. the tricky part lies within linin up ur edge. its easier if u do this wit a beard and mustache trimmer becuz they are smaller and easier to handle. use a mirror when doing the back of ur head, and dont be afraid to ask sum1 to edge ur back up for u if u cant. cuz its hard if ur not used to it. good luck to ya.

ALSO TAKE YOUR TIME, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT, IT TAKES MANY TRIES TO GET GOOD AT CUTTING YOUR OWN HAIR. START OFF SIMPLE, LIKE WITH DOING A ALL EVEN CUT AND THE AFTER A FEW TRIES WORK ON TAPERING AND FADES.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by lilkobe lilkobe wrote:

is it bad to mix two pomades? if not wat's da best pomade combination?

there's no need for it, pomade is not good for your hair anyway. if your gonna mix a pomade with anything i suggest mixing it with a good moisturizer, like 2/3 moisturizer and 1/3 pomade. it would make your favorite misturizer hold better and your hair is still getting the nutrients it need to stay healthy and strong.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:05pm
HERE'S A SIMPLE METHOD ON HOW YOU SHOULD BRUSH:

1. Pick your favorite pomade, grease, gel or moisturizer, and apply to one section of you hair.

2. DependinG on your hair texture and hair length use a soft, medium or hard brush and brush that section for 10-15 minutes straight(don't stop). Add more grease, or moisturizer as needed

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the other 3 sections of your head and put on your du-rag.

4. Throughout the day occasionally take out your brush and brush for a couple of minutes.

5. Repeat this everyday and in 1-2 weeks you should see some good results.

*brushing is the key to get waves, you have to brush everyday and not slack for them to come in.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by KiLLahD48 KiLLahD48 wrote:

WHAT IS THE GRAIN??

the grain is the direction that your hair grows in.

oh so when i cut my hair i tell my barber not to cut my hair by starting fro my forehead and back???

it all depends on how you like your hair cut. what you just described is a against the grain cut, i get it all the time and love it. my pics prove that there is nothing wrong with it.  other people get the opposite which is a with the grain.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 9:59pm

is it a type of pomade? or mosturizer do i need it

Its a moisturizer.

Do you need it? Well it wouldn't hurt to try it. It helped me out a lot and others also.

Its a light moisturizer that washes out easily, softens, and helps make hair more manageable. Leaves your hair healthy, strong, and fights against breakage.

I use the one made by 'hollywood beauty'....I think that's the one more commonly used. Another brand is main n' tail. The price for the hollywood beauty carrot cream ranges from $3.00-$5.00. I don't know how much the other one caost cause I never used it.

Originally posted by baller5000 baller5000 wrote:

hey spinna did you use a mositurizer wit the carrot cream like activator 

^Nope, Only carrot cream, nothing else.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by youngcity youngcity wrote:

Since my hair is really low do all i need is a soft brush

YES, DON'T EVER USE A HARD BRUSH WHEN YOU GOT A REAL LOW LOW CUT LIKE A LIGHT CEASAR CAUSE YOUR SCALP DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH HAIR TO PROTECT IT FROM THE HAR BRISTLES. THE HARD BRUSH CAN DAMAGE YOU SCALP AND CAUSE YOUR HAIR TO THIN.

ALSO ITS ALL IN THE WAY YOU BRUSH AND HOW LONG YOU BRUSH FOR, CAUSE SOME DUDES BRUSH REALLY HARD AND SOME LET THE BRUSH GLIDE OVER THERE HEAD GENTLY, SOME BRUSH FOR 30 MINUTES AND STOP AND OTHERS BRUSH FOR LIKE 1-2 HOURS AND THEN STOP.

THE MAIN REASON I SAID NO IS BECAUSE USUALLY NEWBIES TO THE WAVE GAME HAVE THIS IDEA THAT THE HARDER THEY BRUSH THERE HAIR THEN THE FASTER AND DEEPER THE WAVES ARE GONNA COME IN.

360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Lil_Bj Lil_Bj wrote:

How long does it take to have full waves around your head beacuse its taking me a while

It depends on how dedicated you are, it took me about a month to get my waves spin. for some it takes anywhere between 2-4 months. you gotta brush everyday and do the work in order to reap the rewards.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by The Man The Man wrote:

If you brush too much will your waves go away

NO, BRUSHING IS THE KEY TO GET WAVES, SO THE MORE YOU BRUSH THE FASTER YOU WILL GET WAVES AND THE BETTER YOUR WAVES WILL LOOK.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Dunkinonfools Dunkinonfools wrote:

are kits good to start off with?

Kits aren't good to start with. They don't create waves, you can posibly lose your waves if you leave it in too long.

KITS CAN DAMAGE YOUR SCALP, AND HAIR, AND CAN CAUSE YOUR HAIR TO FALL OUT. A KIT IS NOT A SHORTCUT TO WAVES, AND THEY DON'T LAST LONG.
360spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by dsharpe dsharpe wrote:

i use sportin waves in gold can. am i spose to use it everyday

YOU SHOULDN'T USE POMADES EVERYDAY. POMADES ARE GOOD FOR HOLDING DOWN YOUR HAIR, AND HELPING YOUR WAVES DEVELOP. THE BAD THING ABOUT POMADES IS THAT IT CAN CLOG YOUR PORES, MAKE YOU BREAK OUT WITH ACNE, NOT HEALTHY FOR YOUR HAIR, LIMITS THE AIR THAT YOU SCALP NEE TO BREATHE, I THINK YOU GET THE POINT. IF YOUR GOING TO USE A POMADE USE IT LIKE ONCE EVERY 2-4DAYS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic