Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swimming?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrooKiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooKiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swimming?
    Posted: September 22 2005 at 12:02am
I think I'm going to start swimming for exercise again and I'm wondering what the best way to protect my hair is.  It isn't that long...2-3 inches past my shoulders, maybe, but it's extremely thing, which means that I have a lot of hair and it's hard to get it in a swimming cap.  I know to wet it with regular water before getting in the pool to keep the hair from absorbing the chlorine...any other hints?
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 9:53am
Put conditioner on it too.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 7:44pm
You might also oil your hair before getting it wet...
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 4:00am
if your not going to wear a swimming cap, use a Good conditioner specially designed for swimmers, i had 1 of these and it made my hair feel super soft!
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 3:04pm

I agree with missMNK I use to do a lot of swimming and that chlorine isn’t great on hair. But the best way to protect your hair to wear a swimming cap. I know its not very fashionable but it does keep the chlorine away from your hair.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic