Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Psoriasis and Straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psoriasis and Straightening
    Posted: September 26 2005 at 5:19am

hey,

i'm the same age as your daughter and i to have psoriasis on my scalp only mild though. The T-Gel shampoo did work for me but it took a while, then it came back, i straightened my hair with a straightening iron for a long time and then i got a perm. Before this i went to the doctor to see if it would be ok and she said yes, the perm solution didn't make it any worse and now my psoriasis is gone, so your daughter should be alright to straighten her hair, but yeah ask the doctor anyway just to be on the safe side.

hope i helped.

baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:54pm
wow that's good 
mel_pat_2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mel_pat_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 9:56am
Thanks for the help. I think I will check with her dermatologist first.
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 12:22pm
I have a very sensitive scalp. When I get stressed out I get really really big flakes and it really depresses me and I get even more stressed out and it gets worse. I just can't win, it's awful.
Anyway..I don't know about straightening but the last time I got my hair colored it really hurt, it almost felt like my hair was being pulled out by the roots and the next day my scalp was peeling really badly and it lasted quite a while. This was in May and I haven't colored my roots since. I also realised the coloring was probaby what had been irritating my scalp the past couple of years except I never put two and two together before.

Anyway I would suggest that you speak to a dermatologist or trichologist just to be safe. Good luck!

cher_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cher_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 7:38pm

i use head and shoulders to keep dry skin under control. I straighten my hair a lot of the time, and it hasnt really effected it in a negative way. If it isnt really bad, maybe an hour or two before she goes to wash her hair, try putting a bit of moisturizing cream on the problem areas, then wash it out in the shower? Just suggestions, good luck :)

mel_pat_2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mel_pat_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 10:24pm
My daughter is 15 now and has very curly hair. When she was young her hair was straight with a little wave to it, but then we cut it and it has gone extrememly curly. Frizzy in the front. She would like her hair straightened, but has a mild case of psoriasis on her scalp. We usually use T-gel shampoo. I don't know how this would affect any straightening solutions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic