Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CONDITIONING HELP!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CONDITIONING HELP!!!!!
    Posted: October 09 2005 at 5:38am

Hey everyone, I recently bought a conditioner with the following Ingredients, Could anyone tell me if the following Ingredients are harmfull?

AQUA, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID. thanks!!!

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 11:29am

Aqua is just their fancy word for water

Cetearyl alcohol is the conditioning agent that moisturizes your hair

Cetrimonium chloride is a conditioning agent that also helps reduce static

Parfum is fragrance

the two parabens I think are preservatives, and are relatively harmless

citric acid is also a preservative and an acid balance

Hope this helps

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 7:34pm

parabens may be harmless as far as hair is
concerned but I've read and heard that they cause
breast cancer and other cancers....
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 10:23pm

Don't worry, the cancer risk is still quite small because (a) you're not applying it to your mucous membranes (b) you're not downing a pint.

my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 1:17am
Sometimes I think that just about every ingredient in hair care products are harmful in some way.  I'm always reading about the evils of one chemical or another.  I just think that if it feels good and your hair is responding well (and, like Anais said, you're not drinking it!), then it's OK to use.    If you get bad reactions or hair damage then stop.  Simple

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 2:59am

the conditioner im using right now with the above ingredients has made my hair super soft!& shiny!, i cant get enough of it lol, but the new shampoo i bought Johnsons baby shampoo has sadly gave me the itchies after 1 use, and i havent had itchies in Months!!! Time for another change!

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 5:16am
Acctually anything that you put on your skin, scalp etc will go into your system after 20 minutes and enter your blood circulation. I would probarbly avoid having it on my scalp for longer than that time. But having it on the hair wouldn't realy matter (except the scalp)
I try to go by the rule "Don't put anything on your skin, nails and hair that you don't want to put down your throught"
Yeah, i know it's almost impossible to do this all the time. But i try to find natural/organic products.
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 6:50am
So tell us what this conditioner is!!  We're dying of suspense here.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 7:54am
 well beleive it or not its just a really cheap conditioner from the super market! it has no name But Family conditoner LOL
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 10:57pm

Vicky, I'm totally with you on the natural/organic products. I've totally detoxified my life over the past couple of years right down to cleaning products etc.   I was wondering though where you heard about the 20 minute thing.  I would like to read that article if you wouldn't mind posting a link? Thanks.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 4:26pm
Hi Missrini.

Im glad that Im not the only one worried about these things.

About the 20 minutes on the skin, I didn't read it in an article.
A herbologist told me this about a month ago.
But here is another interesting page, most of you have probarbly been to it already. Go to google, search for marrocco method, it's the first one in the list. Go to educational articles, recourses and links.
I tried to copy the link but it apparently doesn't work.

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 4:55pm
I think you meant Morrocco Method. Because I searched marrocco method and nothing about hair came up except for something about cutting hair on a specific day. 
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 7:35pm
my LJ, 40 inches long
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 4:04am
Sorry, bad spelling! Thanks Anais for the link!!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 5:31am

Thank you Vicky :)  There is one thing about that site though that is incorrect.  If you read their section on Henna (OK OK...I know I go on about Henna a bit!!), they have incorrectly said they have a "colourless Henna" or "neutral henna".  It is not lawsonia, it is cassia.   They have, however, clarified the "black henna" mislabel and said that it contains indigo.  And it is NOT a misconception that henna means bright red.  Henna dye IS red/orange!  I appreciate what they are trying to do with the mixes though.

The page of links to research articles was very interesting, although I had read most of the info covered from various other sources.  But knowledge is power, and I think it'd be great if everyone were more aware.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 5:31am
Thanks for the info missrini, i have never used henna but if i where to use it i would want to know more about it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic